Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epoxy remover?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Where could I buy epoxy remover in Dublin?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Epoxy as in glue or paint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭eqwtegmtykultyk

Glue. I got glue remover in B&Q and lunchtime but it's crap. Need something better. I read on the net, grout remover for tiles is good.

Where could I buy acetone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Acetone is readily available in the form of nail varnish remover. I'm not honestly sure if it will touch epoxy though.
    What are you removing glue from? Careful that you don't damage the substrate with chosen solvent...

I rang a hobby shop to see if they sold epoxy remover and the guy said I could use acetone, or nail polish remover that contains acetone. I need to remove epoxy from a metal and fiberglass item.

I'm sure nail polish remover will do, but just want to know where I can get acetone just in case :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Careful with the fibreglass. I could be wrong but I think it uses a similar curing method to epoxy resins for the bonding polymers in fibreglass products and any solvent that disolves the epoxy may impact on the integrity of the fibreglass product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

A chemist will have acetone.

Advertisement