Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting off in target shooting?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been posted already. I'm just wondering what i need to start off, license etc?Also if anywhere in Kildare has a suitable range.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

zero19 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted already. I'm just wondering what i need to start off, license etc?Also if anywhere in Kildare has a suitable range.

Thanks guys.

There's lots of different types of target shooting. Any idea what interests you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

rrpc wrote: »
    There's lots of different types of target shooting. Any idea what interests you?
    Well i'm completely new to the idea so not really...

Well i'm completely new to the idea so not really...

Oh dear! :D

Well there's rifle and pistol.

Within rifle there's: ISSF (Olympic - Air, .22 and centre fire), Sporting rifle (hunting rifles with scopes), F Class (Centre fire Target rifles with scopes and bipods), Benchrest (Target rifles with scopes and clamps off benches), Silhouette (hunting rifles with scopes standing shooting small metal silhouettes), Gallery rifle (Semi-auto Carbines/Rifles shot standing) and lots of other variations in between and around.

Within pistol there's: ISSF (Air, .22 and centre fire), PPC1500 (static target), IPSA (dynamic target) and a few other variations still wending there way into the country.

If I've left anything out, apologies and feel free to add or correct. You can go to www.targetshootingireland.org or www.shootingsportsireland.com and have a look at the links pages there.

Or just google 'target shooting' for pages from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Thank you for that! I think silhouette appeals to me most :)

Thank you for that! I think silhouette appeals to me most :)

Only problem with silhouette is that your nearest range (Midlands in Tullamore) does not do it AFAIK.

Nearest range to you doing silhoutte is Fermoy (again AFAIK).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Hey, gonna jump in here to cos im interested in target shooting with a silhouette rifle, been looking at this

Was wondering where would be the nearest rifle range to me, im in monaghan, and would it be better joining a club and getting lessons first before buying anythin??

Advertisement