Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Grace

Options
  • 09-11-2007 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Now, I know what you're all saying, he's not a true stand-up, he's a cabaret act etc. but I do think he needs discussing :)

I've always loved Grace's stuff for the simple reason that it's old style, simple comedy that your granny'll love (for the most part).

As biko pointed out in the Rowan Atkinson thread, Grace uses props and imo he doesn't need to but we should remember too that back in the 80's props were considered very funny and were used for stereotyping...anyone remember the Lyons Tea Minstrels? :eek:

Anyone else like his stuff? I've always found him entertaining and to be honest, he's a great singer/songwriter but that's not an issue for discussion in the stand-up forum.

I reckon Peter Kay is pretty much in the same vein.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I haven't really seen much of him recently, but I grew up on his records when I was young (not literally, of course). He always reminds me of the good old days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I remember one of his jokes in the charachter of "Bottler". He was up in court for robbing a bus and the judge says, but why did you steal a double decker bus and his reply was "so the lads could have a smoke upstairs" :D

Advertisement