Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Plumbing Question

Options
  • 09-11-2007 1:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A particularly disastrous bathroom renovation has continued with this latest revelation: the hot and cold pipes (half inch) for my shower are reversed.

My shower should be installed as per this actual pic, however for some bizarre reason in my bathroom, the taps for the bath are hot: left; cold: right (correct) - but the shower supply pipes are the opposite!!

NOW the suppliers tell me that no shower tap unit is likely to function properly upside-down, that I will have to get the pipes switched.

Does anyone have an idea if this is a big job? Will my new tiles have to come off? :eek:

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Could they be switched at source or in your attic?

Do they come up from the floor or down from the top?

Are they plumbed from your hotpress ot just a spur from your bath?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,101 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I had to replace a Mira mixer shower last year with a new one. It will accept the hot & cold pipes on either side, you just have to switch over the hot and cold markings on the dial. Are you sure that the unit you're going to install doesn't have a similar feature (or can be exchanged for one that does.)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks guys.

I spoke to someone over the weekend who suggested the same thing about mira showers. I managed to get my cash back on the new, fancy unit and bought a mira setup in B&Q. Apparently there is no prob with reversed flow.

Avns1s - I'm just glad I don't need to get the answers to your questions!

CHEERS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Dades wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

Avns1s - I'm just glad I don't need to get the answers to your questions!

CHEERS.

:) I understand. It might not have been as difficult to sort as you feared!!

Anyway, you're sorted and happy!!

Advertisement