Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Express Transfer

Options
  • 09-11-2007 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am receiving some money from the UK via express transfer. In Ireland if you want to send money from one bank to another it usually takes 5 days. Does anyone know if the express transfer will be transferred across the Irish Sea in Seconds and then spend 5 days getting into my account? Or will it be instant(or within a few hours)?

Halifax are changing how people bank in Ireland with things such as opening on a saturday, and longer opening times, etc. I dont suppose they are faster with transferring money etc? Any one experienced this through them? I am with Permanent TSB at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Anyone have any experience with this?

Guess not.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

It's all to do with the online offering from individual banks within Ireland.
    Online transfers between nominated accounts within Ireland can be pretty quickly made, at least for AIB.
    Not sure about Irish Permanent - why not ring them+ask them about their online offering.
    They are all at different stages in the development cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

No sadly not.

Even though Halifax is an english brand there systems are not linked.
    You can transfer money but it has to go through a clearing process like cheques that can take over 5 working days.

You can use SWIFT, which if you transfer before I think 11am it is send the same day. Once again it depends on the account your transfering it to. Even though its sent once it reaches the other account it may be unavailable on the account itself, the whole clearing process. There is a charge of €25 for this service.

From next year there will be a new service but little details where released about this.

Advertisement