Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing organistion.

Options
  • 09-11-2007 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi there,
    If RECI is for electrical contractors,
    What is for plumbing contractors?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭secman

" Plumbers
    Currently there are no representative bodies for plumbers. However, if you are installing or working on a gas heating system or cooker it is important for your safety that you get a competent gas installer. Bord Gáis, as part of a safety assurance programme, maintains a list of competent gas installers. Irish Standards exist (I.S. 813 or I.S. 820) to protect you from sub standard work, which, in the case of gas equipment installation or repair, could be deadly. You can find a Bord Gáis Registered Gas Installer in your area by clicking here. "

Last Updated: 11/9/2007

This is an extract fro the Citizen advice Bureau, so it would appear that there is none !

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Alancillhill

Thanks Secman.
    How silly of me, of course it's Ireland!
    I think Ill throw money at them and hope for the best.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Copper

I wouldn't rate the fact that an electrical contractors a member of RECI too highly either - RECI membership is no guarantee of quality at all.

Advertisement