Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch 2.3 and Arena S3 Release Confirmed

Options
  • 09-11-2007 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭

One of the blue guys (mods? devs?) on the wow forums posted up yesterday that the new patch should go live next week on the 13th/14th (providing there are no unseen delays) and that Season 3 of the Arena should be starting on the 20th. Thank god :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Now what i would love is if someone could link the new S3 gear and what they will cost!

I know you will need v high raiting for weapons and shoulders!
    Which if im correct alot of people will never get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Its only about 2/2.1k personal rating which tbh is not that hard to obtain..

you get a 2v2 team! 2 bad alts.. to 2 piece merciless / 3 piece vengeful!

you lose 10 games in a row with your ****e alts, then you go and win 10 games with your good players. thus never losing your personal rating with your good team only keeping it rising :D

seems like a nice loophole if it's exploitable!!! IF!

LoL

Very nice thinking, if that works it will be great.

At the moment im finding it hard to get over 1600 raiting! with my 2v2 team and 3v3. You get over it but it dont last long and im back under 1600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Well its very gear and balance dependent! If you have full merciless you still lose against some teams in less gear than yourself.. its just variance/balance nothing you can do really! there is no SET team that can just run in and destroy every team!

If there was we'd have an arena filled with 5 elemental shamans spamming chain lightning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I've just ordered parts for my new PC so should be able to jump back into WoW in a week or two, as i've been missing for a while could anyone explain these "seasons" to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

PvP arena seasons, it's about to move on to season 3 and they update the gear available each time.

You could only get this Gear by going into the Arena and fighting either 2v2 or 3v3 & 5v5 fights. The gear u can get is in Area 52 (or is it 51?) in OL. But soon we will be able to buy season 1 gear that you could only get from Arena fights now been purchased by honour points!

I have 35k Honor points just for S1 stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

sunzz wrote: »
    Its only about 2/2.1k personal rating which tbh is not that hard to obtain..

you get a 2v2 team! 2 bad alts.. to 2 piece merciless / 3 piece vengeful!

you lose 10 games in a row with your ****e alts, then you go and win 10 games with your good players. thus never losing your personal rating with your good team only keeping it rising :D

seems like a nice loophole if it's exploitable!!! IF!
    That would never ever work.

Getting above 2k rating will be easy.

Binomate wrote: »
    That would never ever work.

Getting above 2k rating will be easy.

I can hardly get my team raiting over 1600 (Im a Hunter). People say its easy to get to 2k or what not. I do think allot has to play on what you are. Very seldom do I see a good hunter rating and never have I seen one over 1900.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I can hardly get my team raiting over 1600 (Im a Hunter). People say its easy to get to 2k or what not. I do think allot has to play on what you are. Very seldom do I see a good hunter rating and never have I seen one over 1900.
    Go beast mastery with a frost mage in 2v2's and you should rape faces. Equally, a restoration or elemental shaman. Once you start getting pieces of arena gear if you haven't got any already, you should start to see your rating consistently rise. All you need to do is keep playing and read tactics for beating different make ups

• Advertisement

Have no Arena gear at the moment! My gear is mostly some Kara Dropps.

Now a mage is someone i have not played with in Arena before! Might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Once you start getting resilience and stamina gear up it will start to get easier.

Advertisement