Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Open Day 16th/17th November

Options
  • 09-11-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Having been around DCU for the last few open days I know how much craic and buzz there is on campus for these days. I'd recommend any one who is interested in studying in DCU should come and see the university at first hand before they make their CAO choices.

check out more here:

www.dcu.ie/openday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I shall be going there alrite on the 17th, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Do we get off lectures on the 16th because of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MonaghanPenguin

carlowboy wrote: »
    Do we get off lectures on the 16th because of it?

nope it's a normal day of college.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'll be there Saturday. Do all the societys be out and about?

I'll be there Saturday. Do all the societys be out and about?

not all of them, but there will be some around, there'll also be talks from the Student's Union on surviving University Life to watch out for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

I'll be there pimpin PokerSoc to the max hardcore... (ahem)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I'm going on the Saturday, selling my PC while I'm up there as well. Followed by a concert.

Good day all around. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

going friday for the laugh.

have no intention of studying there, but i want to be 100% sure before i strike it off my list.

going friday for the laugh.

have no intention of studying there, but i want to be 100% sure before i strike it off my list.

why wouldn't you wanna study in DCU? 25 metre swimming pool, elite gym, the only university library to win a quality award, top 300 university in the world, the helix, over 100 clubs and socs covering everything from sports, drama, debate and watching Home and Away. A reputation so good that a past taoiseach papers are now being given to the university.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

why wouldn't you wanna study in DCU? 25 metre swimming pool, elite gym, the only university library to win a quality award, top 300 university in the world, the helix, over 100 clubs and socs covering everything from sports, drama, debate and watching Home and Away. A reputation so good that a past taoiseach papers are now being given to the university.

Eh...how about because there are no courses there that interest him:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

This might sound like a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. Is there a smyths/game/gamestop nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

deise59 wrote: »
    Eh...how about because there are no courses there that interest him:confused::confused:

I have my mind 90 % set on either of two courses which I think would be best for me. Theo Physics or Science in TCD. This year I'm gonna do the open days and make my mind up for sure rather than next year taking days off in Leaving Cert. As I said, I'm just really checking it off my list more than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Well lads, what did you think of the Open Day and of DCU? I really liked it myself, I had been there before and Saturday just showed me again that its a really nice place. Not too bag, not too small. Modern facilites-sports centre and library are awesome! The only negative point I'd have about it is the on-campus accomadation-the apartments in Larkfield are tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Was underwhelmed myself. Campus had no character to it and it felt a bit dead to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

^I thought the campus had a really good feel to it, and there's everything you need there.
    ^^Tbh I preferred the larkfield apartments to hampstead, because the bedroom had more space, you don't really need a kitchen any bigger than whats there, and seeing as myself and some friends are looking at getting a house in 2nd after we get to know some people, maybe find someone to share with, the common room will help for 1st year to get to know other people.
    I got a great insight into the Computer Applications course, and would be quite happy ti pick that now, but I'm still going to some other open days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

If you went on Saturday, then yeah, it was dead. No students around.

Friday was hoppin'!

@ Sligo - theo physics in trinity is a great course, and in no way rivalled by either of the 3 physics courses on offer in dcu. best of luck with it, hope you get it. but maybe throw a look at the new medical physics course ;) v. interesting with excellent job prospects at the end of it.

Advertisement