Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Disturbed: What are they?

• 09-11-2007 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Just wanted to know...

Me and my mate dan cannot classify disturbed...

Disturbed? 30 votes

Emotional Hardcore
    0% 0 votes
    Alt Metal
    6% 2 votes
    Nu metal
    13% 4 votes
    Hard rock
    43% 13 votes
    Heavy metal
    16% 5 votes
    plain ****e
    20% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Why do you have to classify them? Anyways....I have heard them described as Nu-metal but I think they are now called hard-rock or metal...

All just rock (some harder than others) to me...I do like them though - except the vocalist should put back in the walrus piercings :)

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

ah just before me alter-ego:)

Repetitive is a good word for Disturbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A friend of mine was trying to get me to listen to them before. Every song seems to have the same bloody beat! You could almost sum up their whole sound in 2 songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Disturbed are............................DISTURBED.

Never liked em. Yer man's voice does my head in, and, as someone already said, their songs sound similar to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They're prolly Hard rock now... I liked their first album a lot, quite a cool listen, but now, meh... don't care what they do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

I like a few things of theirs, which I have recently found out was mostly earlier stuff - Stupify, Prayer, Down With the Sickness, Stricken.

I'd call them "Hard Hard Rock" or "Mainstream Metal". I like Dave Draiman's vocals, the way he changes the tone of it many times in a song, and yes, even the monkey vocals (Oooh-wa-ah-ah-ah-Owww!).

"Stricken" is one of my favorite singles of the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

theyre utter bollocks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Possibly the worst band around. Well them and Aiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Ooh-ra-ha-ha-ha! as Davey himself would say. Ah leave Disturbed alone, they crack me up. Those big goofy riffs and weird singing always puts a smile on my face. Theres worse bands out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

One thing that nowhone can take away from them is that they know how to write an epic chorus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

Horrible band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I do like Stricken and it is on GH III

wouldn't buy an album but some good singles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Love this band, seek out their cover of Genesis's Land of Confusion and Tears for Fears Shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Does it really matter? What are genres anyway, but a rough guide as to what a band sound like? They're all very loose definitions, so I wouldn't bother getting caught up in it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

What are they?Just a damn good band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

:eek::confused:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

If you're looking for a genre to put them into, put them into metal. There is really no sub genre to put them into like many other bands.

I personally don't mind Disturbed at all. Ok they may be your bog standard band, but they sound unique in certain ways... That is a good attribute to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

i catogerise my music in two lots : good or crap, they fit the crap section.
    Although i stood outside a tent where they performed (at a festival) and they sounded good enough, but upon listening to them afterwards i wasnt very impressed

• Advertisement

Be interesting to hear what all the Disturbed nay-sayers categorize as "good" music.

Otherwise, I think they can all go back to listening to their "Best of the Carpenters" CDs. :p

And hey, it isn't just any old band that gets covered by Richard Cheese & Lounge Against The Machine..... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvQWpcfIzg8

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Cinful

Salvage yard quality!

Advertisement