Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wiper problem on Seat Toledo

Options
  • 09-11-2007 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I have just sorted out my wipers after replacing the relay and now the switch on my Seat Toledo but i think it's the wrong 1 as when i try the jet's it blows the fuse. The new switch is 1 that you can use for a back wiper as well and think this may be the problem (asked about when i got it but was told that it's just an extra switch and it'll work). Just trying to find out if I am correct and have to take it all apart again or is it some thing else.

Thanks for any replys in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

try using the washer jets with your old switch (if that function still works) to rule out the different switch being the cause. i suspect it's down to the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johntreacy

I went back to the store where i got the switch and explained what happened and my theory on it being the wrong switch, and they handed me out the proper 1 (wrong one was still in the car and they gave me out the correct one :D). So off I toddle home and out with the steering wheel again and fit the shiny new (correct) switch, put it all back together and try the jets and fuse goes again :mad:. The jets were working before i done anything and now had tried two switches and both caused the fuse to go, so as per colm's advice off with the steering wheel again and in with the original switch and test and the fuse goes again but the wiper's are working perfect withthe switch I was fairly sure was gone. ( I took out the wiper mechanism and oiled it all as i found out the is a problem pretty much all VAG's). So now my wiper's are working but not my jets so I took out the pump for the washer jet's and try the switch again and the fuse doesn't blow so now need a new 1 of those. Strange thing though could blow through the pump and it wasn't blocked, so connected it to a battery and nothing, so i haven't got a clue what happened. Gonna bring back the two switches tomorrow and try get a pump instead, here's hoping that will be the end of it then.

Advertisement