Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo Copyright?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've designed a new logo for my football team and I want to copyright it, can anyone here give me advice on how to go about it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

you own copyright once you create it, if you want a trademark thats a different thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Does it not need to be registered so I can prove I made it though?
    I just want to make sure other "Saints" wont use it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

no it doesn't need to be, but you can. If other people use it, a solicitor can help.

Ok cool.

Cheers Heggie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

if you want it to stand up in court you do need to register it - otherwise how else do you prove you were first to "create" it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I'd imagine by showing the original art work, notes, files, notebooks and anything else relevant.

www.digitalrights.ie is a good source of info ...

So would the fact that I'd have the original photoshop formats of the file, whereas other would only have jpeg's etc hold up?

Actually, just realised, I have a sequence of digitally signed emails that show the development and discussion of the logo at several stages from a few months ago. That should be sufficient to prove I designed it.

Advertisement