Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quinn Direct..

Options
  • 09-11-2007 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

not sure if this is in the right section but anyway...

Basically i changed vehicle on my insurance policy about 3 weeks ago, i had to pay an extra sum of money which i sent off almost immediatley, that was over 2 weeks ago, now i have not received a single thing from them, not even a cover letter. I was told to display my old disc until new one arrives. I rang them several times but got the same reply, its on the way.
    Last night i was pulled by the garda, they checked the disc and saw it didnt match the car, he didnt beleive me that i actually was insured, i had hard time explaining the whole thing. Rang Quinn again today and told them i got pulled, that i NEED the disc or some sort of evidence that i am insured, i was told that it was posted only yesterday and may take a few days, now i only have 10 days to produce the disc at a garda station.

Very seriously thinking about cancelling my policy and changing insurance company....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bad form from Quinn alright. You should still have the same insurance policy number - can you talk to the Garda that pulled you, maybe get him in contact with Quinn?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Ring the customer care team, ask to speak immediately to a team lead, explain what happened and ask the team lead to fax a letter to you stating that the new car was covered under policy number x and can be confirmed by ringing them on y.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

done the same thing as yourself recently and quinn had the insurance disk with me within 5 working days, no trouble at all, sending the payment and waiting for the disk to be posted back can be very slow.

do as above and use your policy number to get the garda to contact quinn with it or get a fexed letter stating you are insured on the new car.

Advertisement