Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you bought your Xmas party clothes yet?

• 09-11-2007 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

As the title says have you bought your party outfits yet? Have you seen any nice stuff around?
    The shops are full of glitzy going out clothes but I haven't a clue what to buy?
    Thinking about a nice red dress or something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Yeah - got a dress from Oasis, ours is pretty formal

This dress is very flattering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I was just thinking about this today. I'm saving to go travelling and can't afford any party clothes, there's so much nice stuff out there too! My bf and I decided to go shopping together and buy each other Christmas outfits as our presents (we can't buy anything bulky cos we can't take it away with us!), so I'll get something nice then. I'd love to have the money to buy a sparkly top and a dress or something :(. Maybe i can live vicariously through all the boardsies purchases!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

76064194_o.jpg

I was hoping to buy this in Monsoon but it wasn't in stock when I went in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

LadyE, I can't open your pic.

Pythia, that is gorgeous you have good taste!
    I'd like something like that but I don't think I could wear that though as I'm petite and 5" nothing, it would swamp me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

in the words of my manager.
    "we're going for the meal, then we'll go to a club and get drunk"

i got turned away from my christmas party last year.
    i was wearing a suit jacket, shirt, and ripped jeans.
    luckilly i was living 5 min from the hotel and was back in 15min, but Seriously. ffs! there were contingents from other places and a lot of women had dressed rather un classy. Damn bouncers

• Advertisement

Madge wrote: »
    LadyE, I can't open your pic.

Pythia, that is gorgeous you have good taste!
    I'd like something like that but I don't think I could wear that though as I'm petite and 5" nothing, it would swamp me

Well it's not all that long, here's a different view.

15225847_F_m1.jpg

I haven't tried it on yet but I'm 5'3, and with heels it'd be fine I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Yep killer heels will definitely be in order regardless what the outfit is.
    JIZZLORD wrote:
    got turned away from my christmas party.
    i was wearing a suit jacket, shirt, and ripped jeans.
    luckilly i was living 5 min from the hotel and was back in 15min, but Seriously. ffs! there were contingents from other places and a lot of women had dressed rather un classy. Damn bouncers

Mind me askin was it a hotel in galway or sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

twas galway, last year. thankfully we're not going back there.

Are hawaiian shirts in? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Pythia wrote: »
    76064194_o.jpg

I was hoping to buy this in Monsoon but it wasn't in stock when I went in.

This dress looks perfect!
    Match this up with some nice black shoes,not too high a heal though.
    I think some heavy 40-70d black tights would go well with this,the best ones i found are the Falke ones in BT'S,much better than the Wolford and cheaper also.

Somethin kind of like this?
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/60698/47361.jpg

Enjoy your night!

I just bought these a while ago
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Bow-Back-Sandal/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=192210&cid=4172&clr=Black&Rf-100=Heeled%20Sandals&sh=0

and I work part time the odd week in a clothes shop so I'll pick something up that week
    I have a formal dinner dance in which i'll be dragging the boyfriend to and a dept night out.
    Having said that I need something for thursday night as were having a random thing in rhodes d7 on capel st
    hmmm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

I just bought these a while ago
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Bow-Back-Sandal/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=192210&cid=4172&clr=Black&Rf-100=Heeled%20Sandals&sh=0

and I work part time the odd week in a clothes shop so I'll pick something up that week
    I have a formal dinner dance in which i'll be dragging the boyfriend to and a dept night out.
    Having said that I need something for thursday night as were having a random thing in rhodes d7 on capel st
    hmmm!

They're fab!! comfy?

I've got a few new outfits myself....although I dunno if I'm gonna head to my work christmas party...got a few family things on.
    Have a black fitted boob tube dress... with patent leather louboutin-esque heels (love them), and intend to purchase maybe another dress (just in case!)

my feet were a bit sore but mostly due to standing and dancing

can't blame the shoes on everthing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭KlondikePaddy

Pythia wrote: »
    Well it's not all that long, here's a different view.

15225847_F_m1.jpg

I haven't tried it on yet but I'm 5'3, and with heels it'd be fine I'd say!

Wow I am willing to bet that you will look stunning in that-very elegant!!!;)

product.do?Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&SNtt=oasis&Ns=prod_in_stock%7c1%7c%7cprice_est%7c0%7c%7cprod_min_base_price%7c0%7c%7cscu_id%7c1&groupId=408480807&Nu=pca_id&SNtk=littlewoods_search&Np=1&SN=151+85+4294967078&Ntt=408480807&D=408480807&Ntk=group_search&Dx=mode%2bmatchall&thisprod=407877665&N=151+85+4294967078&Nty=1&Mis_item_id=15&Mis_item_loc_id=1&product=407877665

Not sure if this will work...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Huh!? "Xmas party clothes"?

We need clothes specifically for parties at christmas now? :confused:

No, I didn't buy them yet, I was too busy buying my Halloween knacker drinking jacket, special winter solstice hat, and a pair of commemorative boots in case the Spanish Inquisition shows up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

I found the perfect outfit in topshop

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=74925&parent_category_rn=74921&productId=462608&langId=-1

Then on closer inspection, I realised this was a dress and not a playsuit as I originally thought! I'm gutted, I think I'm just going to wear a pair of really wide legged black trousers and get a really sexy black top instead, so it should be kinda similar, I'm five 8 and and a size 8-10, was thinking of wearing these kinda shoes with it, what do you reckon?

http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/womens_main_frameset.asp

The gold one?

The dress is fab btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I have my party tomorrow night and just went looking for my black sandals and can't find them for the life of me :(
    Was going to wear a cream halterneck dress with black hem and straps - with black flower design on it. Here's hoping I can find kitten heeled shoes tomorrow morning. If not don't know what to do.
    I have a red dress that I love with silver shoes, but I've just tried it on and it seems I have lost weight since last year so won't get away with that one.
    Also I am curling my hair with my GHD but when I practised during the week the curls dropped within half an hour - anyone have any tips on how to stop this happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Huh!? "Xmas party clothes"?

We need clothes specifically for parties at christmas now? :confused:
    Yup, apparently. Which I find weird because any party I would go to at Christmas, I'd look a bit out of place wearing the glittery stuff you are supposed to buy for "the party season". :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

oh i love everything i see!!! Lady E, i was going to get that dress for a wedding during the year, its gorgeous, and a lovely fit. Pythia, that dress is fab! very elegant..I'm not going to buy anything here though. I will either borrow my sister-in-laws black coast dress, maybe get some red kitten heels and a red cardi type thing..or else i will get my outfit in NY (going over in 3 weeks), plenty time anyway , cos our party isnt on until the 21st of Dec.

cAr0l wrote: »
    Also I am curling my hair with my GHD but when I practised during the week the curls dropped within half an hour - anyone have any tips on how to stop this happening?

Hairspray them to death. If your hair is long, this is bound to happen otherwise. Maybe try some mousse when drying the hair beforehand.

Advertisement