Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition - 'Digiweb Free Hosting Accounts every Week'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

I absolutely dont believe this!!!!!!!!!!! Right! I'm off to get the shotgun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Digiweb. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jleavy

i woder if existing digiweb hosting customers r excluded? Anyway, no harm trying anyway.
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

How long is competition running for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chowkodali

There is no complains abt DigiWeb hosting. But they need to get their Accounts Dept right. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

ST I just fell on the floor reading yr sig! excellent ! :D:D:D

DJ Spider

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DeVore wrote: »
    Haha....

I am teh w1nner!!

so, like.... I need more hosting :)

I think I'll donate it to SSF.

DeV.
    ps: you lack skillz. That is all.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54413310&postcount=21

I smell a rat...........wait no that's actually dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 in sanity

may aswell join the wild goose chase

just have too make sure the boss dont catch me..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Whats this about then?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

How Do I Win?
    I'm going to randomly post on this thread twice each week, and the first member to reply directly after me each time, will win a free hosting package, so keep checking back to this thread!

What Do I Get?
    1 years Free Website Hosting, all cared and loved for in the same data-centre as boards.ie.
    Choice of Hosting Packages - Linux Hosting or Windows Hosting.

What happens when I win?
    I'll contact you with a PM with all the details to get you up and runnning.

Wait, How do I win again?
    First reply to me NEXT!, wins a free hosting plan!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

next

Did I win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

testse

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

close axer but no cigar :)
    My gmail doesn't refresh quick enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Bet I'm too late!

next! Will swap a free disco for it!!!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

me

Has anyone noticed that the OP Digiweb is now offline? How convenient so he can get people to read the free advertising. Mods investigate please?

DJ Spider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the OP Digiweb is now offline? How convenient so he can get people to read the free advertising. Mods investigate please?
    hmmm? It's a competition open to the members of Boards.ie. Not really 'free advertising'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

DJ Spider

haha, you can't be serious? there's no way of telling if you are joking but I sure hope you are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

DJ Spider

Have you read any of this thread?

What I have noticed is that as soon as Digiweb posts his 'reply next' thread he goes offline. Thus making sure several people try to be the next person to reply. But every time he posts he makes sure he posts the blurb about the web hosting service. Sorry just my opinion, which I am entitled to have? I'll shut up now.

DJ Spider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I'll shut up now.
    That mightn't be a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

What difference does it make whether 'Digiweb' is logged in or not?

And I'm sure getting people to read the 'blurb' is a large part of why they're doing a competition in the first place. That's usually the way with competitions.

I really don't see the point you're trying to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What I have noticed is that as soon as Digiweb posts his 'reply next' thread he goes offline.
    I can probably explain all of this, Digiweb has got 'invisible mode' turned on, which gives a level playing field for those wanting to win, as the member doesn't show up that they're currently online. Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.
    But every time he posts he makes sure he posts the blurb about the web hosting service.

The 'blurb' is just a repost of the rules/prizes/details, when a thread runs to a number of pages, around 150 replies and has over 5,000 views, it's handy to have that information for conveinance and avoid confusion (see start of thread)

Hope that clears it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

DJ_Spider wrote:
    Mods investigate please?
    Since this was all started under the watchful eye of an admin, no need. zabbo is also right as to why.

Fair poin! I appologise for ranting, I was a little miffed at how people managed to get the prize. Anyway Merry Xmas to all !

DJ Spider

P.S. My domain and hosting was only 13Euros a year from eBay!

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

How Do I Win?
    I'm going to randomly post on this thread twice each week, and the first member to reply directly after me each time, will win a free hosting package, so keep checking back to this thread! :p

What Do I Get?
    1 years Free Website Hosting, all cared and loved for in the same data-centre as boards.ie.
    Choice of Hosting Packages - Linux Hosting or Windows Hosting.

What happens when I win?
    I'll contact you with a PM with all the details to get you up and runnning.

Wait, How do I win again?
    The next reply after me wins a free hosting package. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement