Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition - 'Digiweb Free Hosting Accounts every Week'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭randombar

me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

me

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Grats GaryCocs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Grats,gary :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭randombar

Woo Hoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Not sour grapes or anything, but how long is the free hosting? Is this just a marketing ploy to get you to into digiweb, then sting you with a expensive hosting plan when it runs out? Also if Digiweb are so good, how come they give stuff away? or is it they are making so much money they can afford it? Just my observation!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Not sour grapes or anything, but how long is the free hosting? Is this just a marketing ploy to get you to into digiweb, then sting you with a expensive hosting plan when it runs out? Also if Digiweb are so good, how come they give stuff away? or is it they are making so much money they can afford it? Just my observation!

Have you read any of this thread?

And I dont think thats the first time you been asked that question.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are you for real?
    If company's are so good why then do they advertise? Coca Cola must spend billions every year on advertising yet everyone knows Coke. Ring them and sell them the idea that they could save money by not advertising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Not sour grapes or anything...

Bad lead-in :)

• Advertisement

OK, a few things (though I think we stated it earlier).

Its free, 100% free, no catches. No charge next year, or any year - free, on us.

Its a bit of promotion. You might have noticed that a lot of people ask the people on this board who they recommend for hosting, or similar. We've only just got back into this industry. We know we have a really good line of products at a really good price and we want to put our money where our mouth is.

We want people to give their honest feedback - be honest about where its good and where it maybe could be better. The best advertising we could ever have is if someone has used our hosting and says 'yep, its good.' Similarly, if we screw up in the future, we're willing take that on the chin, fix it and ensure it never happens again. I hope that helps!

edit: sorry anyone who rushed to the thread for the freebie :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

blah

Edit: whooo :D

Edit 2: Just read the above post? Boo :p

Digiweb wrote: »
    Its free, 100% free, no catches. No charge next year, or any year - free, on us.
    So you are making so much money you can afford it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

does Digiweb post in the evenings too ?
    Nope, Just at the same time every day from what I've seen....

How Do I Win?
    I'm going to randomly post on this thread twice each week, and the first member to reply directly after me each time, will win a free hosting package, so keep checking back to this thread!

What Do I Get?
    1 years Free Website Hosting, all cared and loved for in the same data-centre as boards.ie.
    Choice of Hosting Packages - Linux Hosting or Windows Hosting.

What happens when I win?
    I'll contact you with a PM with all the details to get you up and runnning.

Wait, How do I win again?
    First reply to me NEXT!, wins a free hosting plan! (not any other posts I might make that include congratulatory messages or useless witter :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Digiweb!

GAH DAMN YOU SMASHEY!

(next)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Gordon wrote: »
    Digiweb!

GAH DAMN YOU SMASHEY!

(next)
    Too slow Gordie. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You broke my heart :(

fckr! :)

• Advertisement

How Do I Win?
    I'm going to randomly post on this thread twice each week, and the first member to reply directly after me each time, will win a free hosting package, so keep checking back to this thread!

What Do I Get?
    1 years Free Website Hosting, all cared and loved for in the same data-centre as boards.ie.
    Choice of Hosting Packages - Linux Hosting or Windows Hosting.

What happens when I win?
    I'll contact you with a PM with all the details to get you up and runnning.

Wait, How do I win again?
    First reply to me NEXT!, wins a free hosting plan! (not any other posts I might make that include congratulatory messages or useless witter :))

edit: gasp - twice in one day?!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I win.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Woot

Damn it, the time stamps ****ed up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

FECK! :mad:

;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

feylya wrote: »
    Woot

Too slow. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

2 in one day. nice

No one expects twice in one day.

If I make a pre-emptive post now, do I win the next one?

Digiweb wrote: »
    No one expects twice in one day.

Nice

• Advertisement

I just realised I don't actually need this. If you want it fey you can have it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement