Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your garda Horror Stories here !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

<3 The Gardai

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I once asked a guard for directions, and he got it wrong by two left turns.

bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Wow, a Garda bashing thread. How original! :rolleyes:

How about this Garda brutality: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eXTfM0DVDCQ

Where exactly is the Garda horror story in the first clip OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

lucozader wrote: »

How the hell do people still not question them bastards after seeing actual footage of them unaware of camera presence?

That robocop ****er innocent?? Give me a break.

I generally have found them to be power freaks. From anything like producing my license, I remember once I was told it will take around ten minutes to check - a complete awkward bastard, nothing but bullying when you think of this action, as anyone knows all it takes is for the gob****e to note I had produced.

I have had a lot more unpleasant dealings with them. In serious need of honest regulating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Jay D wrote: »

I have had a lot more unpleasant dealings with them.

now to me this says more about you then the gardai.

while anyone can be unlucky and come accross one or two abusive gardai, if you are consistently having problems with them you may want to try adjusting your attitude buddy

• Advertisement

I am very polite dealing with people. However I am not dog-ignorant like a lot of these I have met. Also one time myself and a friend had been out at a party one night, we were making our way back across town, a female Garda stopped us to ask us where we were going, not that it was any of her business but we explained we were on our way home. She then asked us to empty our pockets and proceeded to put her hands in our pockets herself, even the back ones. Now what gives her the right to do that? I told her to stop, no right to do it. She commenced punching me in the chest, saying I'm telling you.....

It was just at the side of the Pro Cathedral, I loudly said 'assault' she looked around and that but didn't say much more. I get the impression that certain elements of country people, like this cow, have a thing against Dubs, let's face it like, childish as it may be but it does exist -and in their way, they are up in Dublin with a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

Now I do acknowledge, thankfully, that it is a small element.

I don't 'constantly' have bad dealings with them either but their attitude in general, I have found to be extremely unhelpful and very patronising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

So Jay D, as a Dub you know that Marlborough St. is junkie central so most likely you were being searched for drugs. A garda is fully entitled to stop anyone on the street and search for drugs, though I can't name the specific act of legislation.
    Even a bog hopping culchie like myself who emigrated to Dublin to take jobs from the real Dubs knows this!

You failed to follow the directions of a garda and cried "assault" :rolleyes:
    Do you post on indymedia by any chance?

I've read your thread about the President and I think my friend, that it is you with the chip on your shoulder

micmclo wrote: »
    So Jay D, as a Dub you know that Marlborough St. is junkie central so most likely you were being searched for drugs. A garda is fully entitled to stop anyone on the street and search for drugs, though I can't name the specific act of legislation.
    Even a bog hopping culchie like myself who emigrated to Dublin to take jobs from the real Dubs knows this!

You failed to follow the directions of a garda and cried "assault" :rolleyes:
    Do you post on indymedia by any chance?

I've read your thread about the President and I think my friend, that it is you with the chip on your shoulder

As a Dub I have also yet to witness one single member of the force searching an obvious individual who would be in posession of drugs around there. In fact, there isn't a very good presence around there when the deals are taking place quite openly midweek, with your - are ya scorin' bud, etc. The same up at Winetavern St, drugs are rife, if I wanted to, I could score very easily but there's never anyone around to prevent the dealers selling with ease.
    What right does a female Garda have to search a male member of the public? Let's just imagine if it was a male doing it to a female.....

Now also, what gives her the right to speak to me in a completely hostile manner? And yes I did 'cry' assault but was I not a member of the public who had done absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong, yet I was still being punched? Now by anyones standards I would have thought it be classed as bullying. I'm sure there's a little text somewhere prohibiting such behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'd have to agree that something happens them down in Templemore. I have friend from Dublin who became gardaí, went to Templemore for a few weeks and came back with a horrible accent and a bad attitude. Just play the situation as it comes and it usually works out, if he's being a totally unreasonable cúnt the judge will probably see that anyway. A lot of them are young lads who don't really give a fúck and don't want to cause you any trouble over something small though, if you encounter these type it's best just to have a laugh and try and get away it. I was caught drinking in Rathmines about 4 am with a few mates one night, the situation was very serious and formal 'til the young Garda asked me if i was concealing anything sharp, i answered 'only my sense of wit!',the Gardai and the other lads started pissing themselves laughing and the whole atmosphere changed, they saw we weren't dirt bags and let us finish the cans we were drinking and take the one's we had left with us. Fairly sound i thought. Although there are some serious pricks around dublin who'd do you for looking at them funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

That's one serious chip on your shoulder you've got Jay D. Do you usually hang around Winetavern Street or Marlborough St? So, you're complaining that they don't search anybody around those areas, yet when they search you there you're also complaining? :confused:

Must be all those uncivilised culchies up here! :rolleyes:

Btw Jay D, I think you'll find that "Robocop ****er" was disciplined and suspended.

It's fairly easy. Be courteous and polite, don't be cheeky. If you treat them with respect, you'll also be treated with respect. You try antagonising them or being a general smart-ass and it's a completely different story.

• Advertisement

An Citeog wrote: »
    That's one serious chip on your shoulder you've got Jay D. Do you usually hang around Winetavern Street or Marlborough St? So, you're complaining that they don't search anybody around those areas, yet when they search you there you're also complaining? :confused:

Must be all those uncivilised culchies up here! :rolleyes:

Btw Jay D, I think you'll find that "Robocop ****er" was disciplined and suspended.

It's fairly easy. Be courteous and polite, don't be cheeky. If you treat them with respect, you'll also be treated with respect. You try antagonising them or being a general smart-ass and it's a completely different story.

Just to remind you, both of them streets are very popular for commuters so you wouldn't have to be hanging around them to notice the goings on.

I am always polite to people. Just because it seems a lot on here have never had the experience of listening to some off the ignorant members, does not mean that everyone is lying when they say they have been mistreated.

Someone made a point that the area is a drug hot spot and gave that as reason. However I made the very valid point that the REAL addicts/dealers are left well alone so my point is that this one I dealt with had absolutely no just reason for doing what she did.

And btw that robocop ****er should not have been let back on duty ever again. How on earth people can justify his clear voilent act is beyond me and it just goes to show how corrupt the system is that he was aquitted for something he was caught on camera doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

And btw that robocop ****er should not have been let back on duty ever again.

So the protesters appear to set fire to a fiesta , attack a few gardai, but whinge when one garda doesn't take sh*te ? Guy should be getting a medal.
    A garda shouldn't have to put him/herself in excessive danger just because some crew want a riot. They should at the very least have CS, tazers, riot shotguns for such "outings".

bushy... wrote: »
    So the protesters appear to set fire to a fiesta , attack a few gardai, but whinge when one garda doesn't take sh*te ? Guy should be getting a medal.
    A garda shouldn't have to put him/herself in excessive danger just because some crew want a riot. They should at the very least have CS, tazers, riot shotguns for such "outings".

what are you talking about you fool? go back asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

Last involvement i had with the gardaí was being searched for drugs while stopped on a long car journey to take a slash. They were polite but firm, professional, friendly. Found nothing, had a chat for a while, thanked us, and left. Was treated with nothing but respect.

People love garda bashing. Often time they're the problem, not the garda. And tbh, if i was an officer i wouldn't very sympathetic to someone with such an attitude problem.

The behaviour of the "peacful protestors" seems to amount to nothing more then being ridiculous, disgraceful and hypocritical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

what are you talking about you fool? go back asleep.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/confusion-on-street-led-to-robocop-riot-scenes-500898.html

robocop should get a medal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Has this thread been dumped out of After Hours cos there's too many 'ACAB' type threads there already?:rolleyes:

I've never had a moments real bother with any Garda, and have only found them to be doing their best under extremely trying circumstances.
    JayD is entitled to his opinion, butI find it a bit OTT - ther are some crap gradai just as there are some crap people in every profession. They are human after all.

I find that Irish people moan and groan that thre's never a garda when you need one, then moan and groan any time they are stopped by or have to deal with those same gardai. The gardai just cant win.

If you're stopped by a Garda, just be patient, courteous and respectful and they'll soon be on their way. Giving them jip just antagonises the situation and get their interst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 skypeuser

if you think that garda is bad , you need to see this
    (belive me there are worst thing then garda):

http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=-1922532999470114444

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975NNE6vR08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRVw0jRYm0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

skypeuser wrote: »
    if you think that garda is bad , you need to see this
    (belive me there are worst thing then garda):

Personally I couldnt see anything wrong with any of those shots. Police dealing with scumbags the way scumbags should be dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 skypeuser

of course . i agree with you .They are using shotguns, to fight with them . My point was that i did not see garda doing something like that . Coz of one simple reason , they dont have a guns!:D and i think its a problem coz dublin is geting more and more dangerous:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

In general I hold the Gardaí in as high a regard as they deserve, but there's always one little unprofessional upstart with issues, such as this:

I was cycling through the park in the dark without lights, when I came across two torches coming toward me. They were shone in my face and a voice ordered me to 'Stop'. I asked who they were, and got another 'STOP!' I asked 'Why?' and got a 'F.ucking stop, that's why' back, at which point I hurried past.

Once I came across the parked squad car, I stopped. I looked back to see the two torches running after me. I called out 'Are you Gardaí and got no response. Again, same call, no response. I waited until they got to me, at which point the ranking of the two launched into a 'Why did you run from us?' line of questioning.

I tell them I would have stopped had they identified themselves. They had the lights in my eyes at all times, when all they had to do was to illuminate their reflective GARDA on their fronts. I told them that I thought they were no-goodniks and so fled. Suffice it to say, I found the ranking Gard to be belligerant and unreasonable in his line of questioning from there on, all stemming from a simple lack of cop-the-fook-on on his part to ID himself.

I generally have lights on my bike by the way. My light broke that evening while cycling in the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I am very polite dealing with people. However I am not dog-ignorant like a lot of these I have met. Also one time myself and a friend had been out at a party one night, we were making our way back across town, a female Garda stopped us to ask us where we were going, not that it was any of her business but we explained we were on our way home. She then asked us to empty our pockets and proceeded to put her hands in our pockets herself, even the back ones. Now what gives her the right to do that? I told her to stop, no right to do it. She commenced punching me in the chest, saying I'm telling you.....

It was just at the side of the Pro Cathedral, I loudly said 'assault' she looked around and that but didn't say much more. I get the impression that certain elements of country people, like this cow, have a thing against Dubs, let's face it like, childish as it may be but it does exist -and in their way, they are up in Dublin with a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

Now I do acknowledge, thankfully, that it is a small element.

I don't 'constantly' have bad dealings with them either but their attitude in general, I have found to be extremely unhelpful and very patronising.

From another "Rasist Garda thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055168683
    I'd well believe this.

Having grown up in the city I know only too well the sort of mentality thesepeople have coming to Dublin.

Completely abusive and I only hope you have longer footage.

Sure you have nothing against culchies Jay D? And, just before you ask: Yes, I AM a culchie

Advertisement