Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocking a phone

• 09-11-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

I lost my o2 xda on a bus last night, and it was never returned to I rang up the Gardaí, and they told me to to go to Meteor, so I went to meteor but they refuse to block it as I never registered the phone with them to begin with (even though I have the IMEI)

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get this IMEI blocked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Meteor should probably have been able to do it, as long as it was active on their network, they can do it, it doesn't have to be registered... All they would need to do is confirm the type and IMEI since you have it.
    I know from experience they've been wrong about this kind of thing before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Assuming that the Gardaí told you to call Meteor because they actually are your network, as oppossed to just randomly choosing a network ;) (as it was an O2 XDA, and you didn't explicitly say Meteor was your network, thought best not to assume things) then yes, Meteor should be able to do it.

They did it for me with a Motorola V620 which was stolen on me. Obviously wasn't a phone bought from them. Could just be a case of who you get on the other end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Once you have made calls on the phone recently it should be relatively easy for your network to get your IMEI number and blacklist the handset, as well as suspend the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

I was speaking to a manager and he said its impossible for them to block the handsets IMEI without it being preregistered first. Really frustrating because had I known it I would have registered it anyway, but theres no documentation anywhere that states you have to, the only way to find out is to have your phone stolen/lost!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Check my sig , I register all phones on this site . The more people that use it the better !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Just keep ringing them until you get a rep who will do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you call o2 they might do it since they supplied it originally

Advertisement