Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tyne-Wear Derby (Sat 12.45)

• 09-11-2007 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

A quick history lesson as to why this is the most intense derby in English football...

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,6903,1598697,00.html

Not being a local Geordie it never meant as much to me, but losing to Roy Keane's Sundireland will be hard to bare.

I'll put form out the window and go for a 3-1 away win. Howay!
    BIG-MATCH FACTS

The 127th Wear-Tyne league derby sees Newcastle attempting to beat Sunderland for the sixth successive time.

Sunderland are without a victory in six Premier League matches; Newcastle are in danger of losing three consecutive league games for the first time in 40 outings, since October last year.

Newcastle are yet to lose a Premier League match at Sunderland, and are chasing a fourth consecutive victory on enemy territory.

HEAD TO HEAD

Newcastle completed the double over Sunderland when they last met in the 2005-06 season, chalking up a 7-3 aggregate score.

The Black Cats have only beaten the Tyneside club in one of the last 16 on home soil - that being 1-0 on 5 April 1980 at second league level. Their last top division victory over Newcastle in front of the home faithful was 3-0 on 4 March 1967.

Home and away
    League (inc PL): Sunderland 40 wins, Newcastle 48, Draws 38
    Prem: Sunderland 2 wins, Newcastle 6, Draws 4

at Sunderland only
    League (inc PL): Sunderland 22 wins, Newcastle 19, Draws 22
    Prem: Sunderland 0 wins, Newcastle 4, Draws 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

kinaldo wrote: »
    A quick history lesson as to why this is the most intense derby in English football...

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,6903,1598697,00.html

Not being a local Geordie it never meant as much to me, but losing to Roy Keane's Sundireland will be hard to bare.

I'll put form out the window and go for a 3-1 away win. Howay!

Cant wait for this game, a win for us here will really put ourselves back on track. Come on the toon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

I hope Michael Chorpa doesn't come back to haunt us tomorrow! Viduka may be fit, which would be a big help.
    The bookies can't split the teams and I think that's about right, fingers crossed that the stats continue to favour the Magpies. Still don't like Sam's tactics, (I'm assuming he has tactics?) but last saturday's performance may focus the minds of a few player, hopefully!

Howay the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Was a great game and atmosphere today, mad police presence in Sunderland and on the metro. Newcastle were very very lucky to escape with a point. I reckon they'll be lucky to finish top 10. Sunderland will be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

daniel3982 wrote: »
    Was a great game and atmosphere today, mad police presence in Sunderland and on the metro. Newcastle were very very lucky to escape with a point. I reckon they'll be lucky to finish top 10. Sunderland will be safe.
    Missed the first half but reckoned Newcastle were by far the better side in the second without being great. I really thought we would win it even before we scored, they were there for the taking. Martins should have either started or come on much sooner. Allardyce and his decisions / tactics are really trying my patience now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Dunno what Niall Quinn's problem was but because he didn't want Mike Ashley wearing a Toon top in the directors box our man not only traveled with the Toon Army, he stood and sang with them behind the goal!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/dale_toon/beefy__mike_ashley.jpg

:D

Legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I think them manboobs such be censored.

:p

Advertisement