Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 days parking airport,how much?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

About 50 euro in long term
    9 a day i think

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Official airport long term is €8.50 a day, but the Quick-Park (on the left on the Santry/Old Airport road as you're coming from Santry, a good bit before the airport turn-off - watch for the signs - is €7.50 a day. There's shuttles every 10 minutes from both.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.dublinairport.com/to-and-from/

Lots of bus options from €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DAA - €42.50
    QP - €37.50

Just bear in mind that, with DAA, should you run 1 minute into the 6th 24hr period it will be €51 whereas with QuickPark it will be €38.50.

Example: You pull a ticket on entry at 8am on a Monday. With DAA you pay €42.50 up until 8am on Saturday. Pay at 8.01am and it will be €51. Whereas with Quickpark it will be €38.50 (€37.50 + €1 hourly rate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

There are other creative ways of getting out of long term parking which I know through my work that a lot of people use but it is an abuse of certain terms and conditions and not something I would recommend. This particular method works about 50% of the time although the loophole will soon be closed.

• Advertisement

clown bag wrote: »
    This particular method works about 50% of the time although the loophole will soon be closed.
    There used to be a 'loophole' in the short term but I think that particular avenue of pleasure has been closed off! ;)

I think I know the loophole you refer to in the long term but only a few select people such as those in your line of work would be able to avail of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Not me Mr wishbone, I don't even drive. I refuse to buy a car when a pushbike will get me around the city quicker and cheaper with less stress.

Knowing what I work at though I'm sure you'll put one and one together soon enough though. Cant really post as it's not so much a grey area as a just off pure black area. a big boo to motrorists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

How can I find out about those "loopholes"???

With regard to the Quick-Park option, I used that a few years ago, it was fine. But when I mentioned it to a few people, they thought I was mad, as there had been quiet a number of break-ins on cars in that car park. I am not sure if the security has been stepped up in there, as it is a better price than the DAA and from what I heard on the radio about 2 weeks ago, break ins are happening in the DAA car park also!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

robo wrote: »
    With regard to the Quick-Park option, I used that a few years ago, it was fine. But when I mentioned it to a few people, they thought I was mad, as there had been quiet a number of break-ins on cars in that car park. I am not sure if the security has been stepped up in there, as it is a better price than the DAA and from what I heard on the radio about 2 weeks ago, break ins are happening in the DAA car park also!!!

The moral of that story is that you shouldn't believe gossip unless it's backed up by statistics :)

robo wrote: »
    With regard to the Quick-Park option, I used that a few years ago, it was fine. But when I mentioned it to a few people, they thought I was mad, as there had been quiet a number of break-ins on cars in that car park. I am not sure if the security has been stepped up in there, as it is a better price than the DAA
    Quickpark don't have dedicated 'security' staff as such. The attendants on duty act as the security staff and do regular patrols of the car park.

robo wrote:
    and from what I heard on the radio about 2 weeks ago, break ins are happening in the DAA car park also!!!
    Break-ins appear to be more of a problem in the Long Term Blue and Green DAA car parks. Unfortunately, it's sad to say it but most break-ins are done by other customers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement