Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tis no man..tis a machine!

• 09-11-2007 6:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

You normally get an hour to finish the 72 oz steak and most people cant manage it.This guy does in in 12 minutes!!!
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=l8W18qeyQ0A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sweet Jebus!

Someone drinking water with his dinner! WUSS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Unreal, there's also a vid of him eating a 106oz steak in 30 mins and then he follows it with a cheescake for dessert... legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Did anyone else watch the full 12 mins, I did.

Good jebus. Amazing.

'Take that vegetarians!' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

'Machine' my bollox, he's a god.

Most I had was a 50oz steak in Manhattan last year. Washed down with buckets of beer.

Damn, that steak looks yummy.

***late edit***

Since he's drinking water with that beef I take away the god like status bestowed earlier. WUSS.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    'Take that vegetarians!' :D

Yea, yiz shower a'bastards :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

What? No spuds?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Hmm, a full head of hair and a washboard stomach. Does he really belong here?

Sangre wrote: »
    Hmm, a full head of hair and a washboard stomach. Does he really belong here?

True ... I mean its not like he killed it himself?

6th wrote: »
    True ... I mean its not like he killed it himself?

That sounds like work Brother. Let someone else kill it and I prepare it I say.

^^^ True lads, very true.

Anyone else care to join me in calling him a WUSS?.

Lets see....

FOR - Eating a huge lump of beef.

AGAINST - Drinking WATER, slim, full head of hair.. I'm sure there's more.

• Advertisement

I'll call him a wuss if you are standing in front of me Brother Mairt. :p

No problem big R.

Btw, just left him a message :D

lol, I see that now. I left him one also, wonder will he respond. :D

lol, I see that now. I left him one also, wonder will he respond. :D

^ lol, seen it. I think we should cyber kill this freak.

furiouspete? Idiot.

He should call himself 'All you can eat - Pete'

He missed a trick there. Silly Canadian.

Can a Mod please deduct one thread post point from Degsy for posting this wuss.

Degsy, shame on you. Poluting this forum with a water drinker.

Infraction given.

Right, 'tis supp'n time and I'm off out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That's one tasty looking steak.

I've always wanted to try something like that. I think a steak that size would definitely be do-able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

If (and thats a big if) he's just a normal guy then thats just a heart attact waiting to happen but I bet he got outside and puked his guts up because anyone that can eat that much but is that skinny is obviously bulimic. He never got sick because he has no natural gag reflex anymore, to vomit he needs his fingers, it's called binging and purging. He eats alot and then forces himself to vomit. He's been doing it that long that his stomach has become nothing more than a tempory storage facility and never actually feels full because it no longer fully functions in the same manner as a normal persons. Food is there for such a short period of time that the normal triggers that cause that feeling of fullness become redundant because the body knows the food will only be there on a tempory basis so won't inicate the feeling in an attempt to get as many calories as possible before the food is evactuated again. It's not at all impressive, it's actually quite common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

That Steak looked fantastic.
    Time to tell the wife i want a large Steak with my Beer tonight..

• Advertisement

Kazobel wrote: »
    If (and thats a big if) he's just a normal guy then thats just a heart attact waiting to happen but I bet he got outside and puked his guts up because anyone that can eat that much but is that skinny is obviously bulimic. He never got sick because he has no natural gag reflex anymore, to vomit he needs his fingers, it's called binging and purging. He eats alot and then forces himself to vomit. He's been doing it that long that his stomach has become nothing more than a tempory storage facility and never actually feels full because it no longer fully functions in the same manner as a normal persons. Food is there for such a short period of time that the normal triggers that cause that feeling of fullness become redundant because the body knows the food will only be there on a tempory basis so won't inicate the feeling in an attempt to get as many calories as possible before the food is evactuated again. It's not at all impressive, it's actually quite common.

Ah give him a bit of a break.

There is zero reason to think he is bulimic. He isn't huge, but he isn't skinny.
    Check out the push-up vids, he works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

**** - I'm hungry now.

Wouldn't you consume more calories digesting that steak than you actually get out of it? What a slimming aid......

Wouldn't you consume more calories digesting that steak than you actually get out of it? What a slimming aid......

Troll!!! :D

Check out the push-up vids, he works out.

That proves nothing really, one effect of bulimia is spurts of much higher than average energy and hyperactivity where the body is trying to cause the burning of enough energy to inicate another binge. It's still not impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I thought this thread was going to be about Ruu. :confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We're not sure if machine is an adequate description of Ruu

Kazobel wrote: »
    That proves nothing really, one effect of bulimia is spurts of much higher than average energy and hyperactivity where the body is trying to cause the burning of enough energy to inicate another binge. It's still not impressive.

I'm not trying to prove it. There are no good reasons to think he is bulimic.

Him not chewing his food well isn't an indication of bulimia.

It's an indication that he is trying to eat 72oz of meat in 12 minutes. :p

Him not chewing his food well isn't an indication of bulimia.

Actually it is, the whole point is to consume as much as possible as quick as possible, there is a constant feeling of hunger so the object is to quell it ASAP so chewing isn't high up on the list, as long as it's small enough to swallow a bulimic doesn't care if the food gets the advised 24 chews, as a matter of fact how he chewed it was, if anything, more indicative because he was eating big lumps and wasn't chewing to break it down to more digestable bits (because that would have required more chewing) but chewing just enough to shape it so it could be swallowed kinda like he has experience doing it alot before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

kazobel it doesn't automatically mean he's bulimic... just means he's used to eating a lot of food. and what does the way he chews have anything to do with it? i dont waste energy chewing my foods and i'm not bulimic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Takeru Kobayashi is a legend when it comes to hot dog eating competitions, but he's hardly what you would call an candidate for the brotherhood. Some people can consume vast quantities of food without being overweight.

Anyway, bulimia is a topic for PI, not here. Gluttony, on the other hand...

lol, All you can eat Pete responded to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Bulemic?are you slow? The guy is built like a tank and works out. You do not get big by throwing up every meal.

You've been reading to many celebrity mags again.

Had to comment myself.

Sangre wrote: »
    Bulemic?are you slow? The guy is built like a tank and works out. You do not get big by throwing up every meal.

You've been reading to many celebrity mags again.

Piffft, I've thrown bigger out of my way to get to a burger..

Now this guy is built like a tank and works out :D

(Mairt throw's a pose Sangre's way)

I've seen bigger men on wedding cakes tbh.

*runs*

• Advertisement

I've seen bigger men on wedding cakes tbh.

*runs*

RUNS!

Brother Rigger do I have to remind you that running burns off essential calories, stick around and take your hidding like a man..

you punch like a little gurl :eek:

On a serious note.

That steak looks beautiful, no denying it. Its to die for. I was actually thinking about this clip/thread in the boozer tonight (Campions, Malahide Rd. best local in Dublin). I almost called into Tesco's to grab a late steak on the way home (24hr opening).

But here's my problem..

Since Manhattan I haven't enjoyed a steak to its entirity, why?...

Because I can not, for love 'nor money, find A1 steak sauce in Ireland.

OT375941S.jpg

Forget all the other sauces and gravies you've tried, this stuff ROCKS.

Anyone seen it on sale here?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Mairt ... I'm pretty sure you can get A1 sauce in Donnybrook Fare, Morehampton Road, Donnybrook, Dublin 4.

I am also very sure I can get it in the Publix supermarket 5 mins down the road from me ... I am currently in Florida, returning next Wednesday :D

I will be bringing home some bottles for myself and my compadres ... if you think you can beat me in an arm-wrestling competition, I'll stake a bottle of A1 against a large rum 'n' coke. (ha ha ... stake)

I live about 10 mins drive from Campions so ... whaddya say ?

Haven't, seems familiar... I wonder was there a thread about it before.

There are some shops in Dublin that stock some american products that we don't usually see here.

Start a thread in the food and drink forum.

Maybe it can be ordered online.

Heres one

Bit expensive, maybe it can be gotten for less.

• Advertisement

trout wrote: »
    Mairt ... I'm pretty sure you can get A1 sauce in Donnybrook Fare, Morehampton Road, Donnybrook, Dublin 4.

I am also very sure I can get it in the Publix supermarket 5 mins down the road from me ... I am currently in Florida, returning next Wednesday :D

I will be bringing home some bottles for myself and my compadres ... if you think you can beat me in an arm-wrestling competition, I'll stake a bottle of A1 against a large rum 'n' coke. (ha ha ... stake)

I live about 10 mins drive from Campions so ... whaddya say ?

Hey fvck the arm wrestling, if you bring back a bottle of A1 we'll discuss its merits over a few jar's in Campions. I seriously loved the stuff.

Haven't, seems familiar... I wonder was there a thread about it before.

There are some shops in Dublin that stock some american products that we don't usually see here.

Start a thread in the food and drink forum.

Maybe it can be ordered online.

Heres one

Bit expensive, maybe it can be gotten for less.

Shaadup, I'm talking to my newest bestest friend in the world now, Trout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just watched the vid....dear lord did that boy even chew properly? I don't think he did...
    That's mental... I don't really like meat myself anyway but DAMN that's like a mini cow!!

star-pants wrote: »
    Just watched the vid....dear lord did that boy even chew properly? I don't think he did...
    That's mental... I don't really like meat myself anyway but DAMN that's like a mini cow!!

Nah it barely touched the sides. Tis no man, tis a merciless eating machine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Mairt wrote: »
    Hey fvck the arm wrestling, if you bring back a bottle of A1 we'll discuss its merits over a few jar's in Campions. I seriously loved the stuff.

Right so ... I'll sweet talk the store into giving me a shrink-wrapped container of 12.

That should do me till Christmas.

*ponders the likelihood of a drunken Mairt & trout Tesco raid for steak and BBQ materials ... sips beer ... bides time

trout wrote: »
    Right so ... I'll sweet talk the store into giving me a shrink-wrapped container of 12.

That should do me till Christmas.

*ponders the likelihood of a drunken Mairt & trout Tesco raid for steak and BBQ materials ... sips beer ... bides time

My BBQ is always good to go, no matter the hour.

star-pants wrote: »

What about ***cough*** man ***jeesus my chest *** man meat*** cough/splutter/fart.

Mairt wrote: »
    What about ***cough*** man ***jeesus my chest *** man meat*** cough/splutter/fart.

..I'm not sure I follow... :confused:

:o:o:o

ah.... thanks for um...clearing that up..

• Advertisement
Advertisement