Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WC advise

Options
  • 09-11-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I'm building a new WC setup so any advises appreciated

Cpu - Swiftech Apogee GTX Extreme Performance CPU Waterblock Rev.2
    optional -Swiftech Apogee GT or D-Tek FuZion
    apogeegt.jpg apogeegtx.jpg fuz.jpg
    Gpu -Swiftech MCW60 +Swiftech MC14 VGA Ramsink Cooler
    optional - help needed....
    gpu.jpg
    MC14.gif
    vga.jpg

Pump-Laing D5-Pump 12V 1/2" tubing connection w Speed Sensor
    Optional- advise please....
    Laing.jpg
    Rad-Black Ice® GTS120 Xflow Blue +Black Ice Pro Radiator Dual 120mm(one problem-it has 1/4 push in fittings which has to be replaced with 1/2 and i have no clue what female....
    Black.jpg
    Tubing- any good 1/2.....

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

You've got the basic idea, ditch the rad for say a swiftech MCR320 or if you really want to splash out get a thermochill PA120.3.
    Maybe go with the D-Tek if your gonna have multiple blocks in the loop. Looks great other than that, consider 7/16" tubing, it's a bit nicer to work with than 1/2" and it'll make a super tight seal over 1/2" barbs - no need for clamps.
    Finally what are you cooling?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

now Im running X2 4200 c/w aseteck Antarctica , but Christmas is coming and i have some nice plans....cant make my mind about NB block- will wait till get new mobo.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Just immmerse thw whole lot in a fish tank with mineral oil :D

Right well you'll need a triple rad anyway for any modern gpu + cpu combo. I wouldn't take anything other than an EK block for the nb, cos they look sexy and they're nice and unrestrictive.
    And anti, that's actually not half as good as it sounds. A good wc set up would cool a fair bit better.

Triple :eek:
    I was planing pump-duble-cp-nb-single- gpu-res--pump.....
    Dam it i have no space for triple......Well i could do two doubles o use some imagination and extend my case.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Why not use a quad at the top of the case if there is room ? outside if needed. with the fans pulling the air up. Could put in in plexi, or similar.

Anti wrote: »
    Why not use a quad at the top of the case if there is room ? outside if needed. with the fans pulling the air up. Could put in in plexi, or similar.

Well one reason would be that every quad rad that exists is basically crap, but the external mount idea is very good - keeps the heat out of your case too.
    When it comes to rads there's only two brands I could recommend: Thermochill and Swiftech with thermochill being superior but more expensive and a lot bigger.
    Use some ingenuity, it'll be worth it when you've got nice temps and a bit more silence.

Product Unit Price Total
    1 CPU COOLING : APOGEE™ GTX Extreme Performance CPU water-block $69.95 $69.95
    1 VGA COOLING: MCW60-R Universal Water-block $46.95 $46.95
    1 Radiator - MCR320 Quiet Power Series TRIPLE 120mm Heat Exchanger - Gloss Black $56.95 $56.95
    1 MCP655™ 12 Volts Industrial Pump with speed controller $99.95 $99.95
    1 HydrX Coolant $2.50 $2.50
    3 Fan: 120x25mm RDM1225S $6.00 $18.00
    2 MC21 Mosfet Heatsinks $9.95 $19.90
    2 Fitting: Chrome plated brass fitting 1/4 in. BSPP x 1/2 in. barb $5.00 $10.00
    1 Tubing: 7/16 in. (ID) x 5/8 in. (OD) Vinyl Tubing x 10 ft. $8.00 $8.00
    1 Hardware: Apogee GTX Hold-Down plate for Intel Xeon and AMD socket 754/939/940, F $9.95 $9.95
    1 MCW30 Chipset Cooler $29.95 $29.95

OK that's what i could get in US for 250 euro :mad: + 70 shipping (USPS Express Mail® International )..Will talk to my friend tomorrow , his brother lives in Chicago....So its 320euro .... OCUK has a similar set c/w Apogee gt block and double rad 280+ shipping .....

I could use advise on other sites that do wc gear....I have checked couple myself but the is always something missing....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

go for the d-teck is not very retricitive compared to the gtx

awhir wrote: »
    go for the d-teck is not very retricitive compared to the gtx

QFT, if going multi block I'd take the dtek.
    Everything looks top-notch though, good stuff. Where are you buying from? Try shoppts.com, great US store I've bought plenty of my stuff from there. If your buying from a store that sells them get yate loon fans, basically the best fans money can buy for a radiator and damn cheap too.
    EDIT
    You haven't said what res your going to use? Or are you going T-line? Not that it really matters which you use but just in case you omitted it.

• Advertisement

WC-007-SW_200.jpg
    I'm getting it from OCUK, comes together with some stuff for my friend ....small , compact , should be easy to find a spot in the case.....

180.jpg
    I have it now in my system , spend-ed more time thinking where/how to fit it then actually putting together the whole system . Thought its gonna be some nice touch to the way the case looks like , but now when case sits under the table i can barely see it....plus its 1/4

nibble wrote: »
    QFT, if going multi block I'd take the dtek.
    Everything looks top-notch though, good stuff. Where are you buying from? Try shoppts.com, great US store I've bought plenty of my stuff from there. If your buying from a store that sells them get yate loon fans, basically the best fans money can buy for a radiator and damn cheap too.
    EDIT
    You haven't said what res your going to use? Or are you going T-line? Not that it really matters which you use but just in case you omitted it.

Are you living in US ? I mean how are you getting it delivered to Ireland ?

ricka05 wrote: »
    WC-007-SW_200.jpg
    I'm getting it from OCUK, comes together with some stuff for my friend ....small , compact , should be easy to find a spot in the case.....

180.jpg
    I have it now in my system , spend-ed more time thinking where/how to fit it then actually putting together the whole system . Thought its gonna be some nice touch to the way the case looks like , but now when case sits under the table i can barely see it....plus its 1/4

Are you living in US ? I mean how are you getting it delivered to Ireland ?
    Nope living in Kilkenny, delivery is via USPS, fire 'em an email and they'll do up a quote for you. I've never got taxed on anything I bought from them either so you won't lose the saving to the government.

Thanks mate ....:D made another( its a third now , I'm afraid not the lost one :) ) list and emailed them .....
    Some items looks so cheap in dollars couldn't resist to not to order.....

Shopping Cart
    Item Options Unit Price Qty. In Stock Cost
    Swiftech MC8800 SMC Cooling Kit
    [remove] $39.95 Yes $39.95
    Swiftech MCR-320 "Quiet Power" Series Radiator - Black
    [remove] Barb Type : Black Nylon
    $54.99 Yes $54.99
    Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 Inline 12V DC Pump
    [remove] $87.99 Yes $87.99
    D-Tek Fuzion CPU & GPU Combo
    [remove] $102.99 Yes $102.99
    1/2" ID (3/4" OD) Tygon R-3603 Laboratory-Grade Tubing
    [remove] $3.25 Yes $16.25
    120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Case Fan - Black (47 CFM, 28 dBA)
    [remove] Fan Screws : none
    $4.99 Yes $14.97
    Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound
    [remove] $5.99 Yes $5.99
    Danger Den Delrin T-Fitting
    [remove] $7.99 Yes $7.99
    Swiftech HydrX Extreme Duty Coolant
    [remove] $2.99 Yes $2.99
    Logisys 12" Dual Cold Cathode Kit - Red
    [remove] $4.99 Yes $4.99
    30mm Zinc-Plated Steel Swiftech MCR-QP Fan Screws (Pack of 4)
    [remove] $1.15 Yes $3.45
    Swiftech High-Flow Fitting (G 1/4" Thread, 1/2" OD) (Pack of 2)
    [remove] $4.99 Yes $9.98
    OCZ XTC Memory Cooler
    [remove] $19.95 Yes $19.95
    Swiftech MC14 BGA Memory RAMsinks (Pack of 8)
    [remove] $16.99 Yes $16.99

Subtotal: $389.47
    Total: $389.47

Regarding T line for draining - they have no 1/2 plugs for it ....:(

Edit :
    just spoted Danger Den Tubing/T-Line Plug :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

sorry to hijack your thread, but its better than making a new one i think.

would you guys reckon it would be possible to get a nice WC kit for under 200 euro to cool a E6600 @ 3.6 + 8800gtx?

Avoid the Fuzion GFX it's a major flow killer, get a stealth, EK block or the MCW60. And the masterkleer tubing is just as good as the Tygon, no point in paying the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

I have an Apogee GT + EK 8800GTX + D5 + PA120.2, cooling a quad core at 3600 (100% 24/7, BOINC) and an 8800GTX at 600/2000.
    All this inside a Thermaltake Lanbox Lite (mATX) case.

I strongly recommend the Apogee GT and I would advise you not to get any other rad than Thermochill PA series. That said, I have used 4 different radiators in the last 12 months.

fullloadhq6.jpg

Chosen wrote: »
    I have an Apogee GT + EK 8800GTX + D5 + PA120.2, cooling a quad core at 3600 (100% 24/7, BOINC) and an 8800GTX at 600/2000.
    All this inside a Thermaltake Lanbox Lite (mATX) case.

I strongly recommend the Apogee GT and I would advise you not to get any other rad than Thermochill PA series. That said, I have used 4 different radiators in the last 12 months.

fullloadhq6.jpg

Great temps for the setup, the fuzion is a better block though as is the apogee GTX. No reason to get an apogee GT when a fuzion is about the same price and superior. And yep thermochill are the rads to get if you don't mind splashing out a bit more for 'em and dealing with the fact that they're massive.

Great temps for the setup, the fuzion is a better block though as is the apogee GTX. No reason to get an apogee GT when a fuzion is about the same price and superior. And yep thermochill are the rads to get if you don't mind splashing out a bit more for 'em and dealing with the fact that they're massive.

Dam it lads i cant fit a triple thermochill rad - its to think ,I have plans to build rad housing unit it would go under the case..
    unit2.png
    .. plus its out of stock , same story with Swiftech MCW60 GPU , but i thing Ill get it from ocuk-friend of mine is ordering GPU ....I thought to go with MCR-320 ....Like I have mentioned before-triple-nb- cpu-single-gpu-pump-res....
    It would perfectly fit at the bottom of the unit...

Second think-prise :eek:

Anyway I still have some time to make my mind-waiting for PTS to come back to me about shipping options (if there is any :( )

Well i know its not related to tread but anyway got some nice stuff for air intake cut-out , will spray it black....;) made off s/s and has 1*2 mm square holes-small enough to stop dust....

DSC01288.JPG

.. plus its out of stock

I've learned my lesson and won't be shopping from OCUK anymore. Not even for a floppy drive.

For watercooling (and not only), I strongly recommend http://www.specialtech.co.uk/ the lads are amazing. Cheapest prices by far and great inventory on watercooling.

• Advertisement

or over-clock.net just give marki an email sound bloke

www.petrastechshop.com came back to me about shipping :
    USPS Priority Mail International (6-10 days): 59.10 USD

USPS Express Mail International (3-5 days w/tracking): 73.75 USD

Not bad ,not at all....
    Send another mail-when Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator will be back in stock -
    Its only 20 $ difference in prise between double and triple so will go for large one ....

Send another mail-when Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator will be back in stock -
    Its only 20 $ difference in prise between double and triple so will go for large one ....

heh http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/home.php?cat=683
    €58 for the PA120.1
    €70 for the PA120.2
    €76 for the PA120.3

All in stock ;)

EDIT: Just noticed Petra's shop has the PA120.3 at $135... omg talking about milking the enthusiast :D

€58 for the PA120.1
    €70 for the PA120.2
    €76 for the PA120.3

All in stock ;)

EDIT: Just noticed Petra's shop has the PA120.3 at $135... omg talking about milking the enthusiast :D

no the reason is that thermochill is contracted to Dangerden in USA and its very hard to get them in the uS only a few shops stock them.

€58 for the PA120.1
    €70 for the PA120.2
    €76 for the PA120.3

All in stock ;)

Nah its just cos they have to buy from DD like andy said.

Anyway you'd be better off getting the rad from specialtech ricka, would work out about the same or cheaper than getting the lot from petras. Had my stuff delivered unreal fast from specialtech a couple weeks ago, really good service.

And when you hold one of these beasts in your hands everything else just looks like a toy :D.
    EDIT
    You might get some free 1/2" barbs with the rad if you buy from specialtech, I did a few weeks ago when I got a few bits including a PA120.3 from them.

Nah its just cos they have to buy from DD like andy said.

Anyway you'd be better off getting the rad from specialtech ricka, would work out about the same or cheaper than getting the lot from petras. Had my stuff delivered unreal fast from specialtech a couple weeks ago, really good service.

And when you hold one of these beasts in your hands everything else just looks like a toy :D.
    EDIT
    You might get some free 1/2" barbs with the rad if you buy from specialtech, I did a few weeks ago when I got a few bits including a PA120.3 from them.

spec's /pics of ur build .....

awhir wrote: »
    spec's /pics of ur build .....

Hehe I wish I had the thing together andy, I'm surrounded by various parts as I type this, but I'll have plenty of pics up soon a bit of a log I guess. Anyway the specs are mostly the same as the old rig hardware wise: 8800GTS, Q6600, Asus P5K Premium, 2GB Ballistix. Cooing and case is a V2000B, PA120.3 - EK res 250 - D5 - Apogee GTX, MCR220 - EK res 250 - D5 - EK NB block - MCW60. Dual loop as you can see;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?cPath=54&products_id=285
    worth the 65 euro price tag?

looks fvcking sexy mind.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?cPath=54&products_id=285
    worth the 65 euro price tag?

looks fvcking sexy mind.

dont go near them very bad rads if you want a rad go for the siftech or thermochill PA's

• Advertisement

OK , I hope its my last list , unfortunately Laing D5 Vario 12V Pump is out of stock .... Ill wait....
    Items

D-Tek FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock
    D-Tek FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock
    The all-new D-Tek FuZion CPU block will shatter enthusiasts' expectations about water block design, appea...

Selected options:
    Nozzle Kit: Nozzle Kit

£ 36.58 x = £ 36.58 , exc VAT 17.5%

Swiftech MCW60-R Universal VGA Water Block with G80 Adapter
    The MCW60-R VGA waterblock is a next generation liquid cooling solution for high-end graphics processors. It evolves from the award winning MCW55 b...

Selected options:
    Ramsink Cooling: Not Required
    2900 Adapter: Not required

£ 23.40 x = £ 23.40 , exc VAT 17.5%

£ 17.01 x = £ 17.01 , exc VAT 17.5%
    ThermoChill PA120.3 Triple Radiator
    ThermoChill PA120.3 Triple Radiator
    £ 45.92 x = £ 45.92 , exc VAT 17.5%
    Feser View UV Green Dye 50ml
    Feser View UV Green Dye 50ml
    £ 2.97 x = £ 2.97 , exc VAT 17.5%

ClearFlex 60 1/2" tubing
    ClearFlex 60 1/2" tubing

Qty = Length in meters

Internal - 13mm
    External - 19mm

2.43 x = £ 4.86 , exc VAT 17.5%

Yate Loon 120x120x25 D12SL-12
    Yate Loon 120x120x25 D12SL-12
    £ 3.40 x = £ 10.20 , exc VAT 17.5%
    Nylon Equal Tee hose coupling for 1/2" tube
    Nylon Equal Tee hose coupling for 1/2" tube

Use this to connect 1/2" tubing. Useful for creating 2 loops or more.

£ 0.98 x = £ 1.96 , exc VAT 17.5%

SilenX Fan Ixtrema Pro 14dBA 120x120x25 72CFM Red LED (IXP-74-14R)
    SilenX iXtrema 14dBA 120x120x25 RED LED (IXP-74-14R)

£ 11.96 x = £ 11.96 , exc VAT 17.5%

Arctic Silver 5 3.5g
    Introducing Arctic Silver 5 With its unique high-density filling of micronized silver and enhanced thermally conductive ceramic particles, Arctic S...
    £ 4.21 x = £ 4.21 , exc VAT 17.5%
    AC Ryan FanGrill Classic 120mm Black
    AC Ryan FanGrill Classic 120mm Black
    £ 1.69 x = £ 1.69 , exc VAT 17.5%

Danger Den Fillport - Red
    Danger Den Fillport - Red

£ 6.90 x = £ 6.90 , exc VAT 17.5%

Delivery: Interlink NI, Eire & UK Offshore (£ 11.99)

Subtotal:
    £ 167.66
    Discount:
    £ 0.00
    VAT 17.5%:
    £ 29.33
    Shipping:
    £ 11.99
    VAT on shipping 17.5%:
    £ 2.10

ORDER TOTAL:
    £ 211.08