Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP SP2c

• 09-11-2007 8:18pm

Anyone else hear about this change? Supposedly Microsoft ran out of product keys! Just thought I'd post this info in case anyone's interested or has the same problem I did...

I got my first copy of it in work today without knowing about the change, the COA looked different. I tend to use a disc I have in work rather than open the shrinkwrap so I installed it using a regular SP2 disc, it accepted the product key but then when the setup finished it acted as if the activation grace period expired - wouldn't let me log on without activating. So one of my colleagues informed me that it was an SP2c disc which made me search for what was changed.

What I read online reported that the only change made was to the product key validation but there is one... the installation no longer requires a product key ala Vista and XP x64.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I heard SP2c was to solve the issues of product keys also. I recall seeing an XP CD from Dell a good while back branded XP Home SP1a.

Regarding not having to enter a product key during installation of XP, that won't be until SP3 to my knowledge.

ethernet wrote: »
    I heard SP2c was to solve the issues of product keys also. I recall seeing an XP CD from Dell a good while back branded XP Home SP1a.

Regarding not having to enter a product key during installation of XP, that won't be until SP3 to my knowledge.
    I tried the SP2c CD and it certainly does allow installation without a product key. I was surprised.

But yep, I remember SP1a, the change in that case was the removal of the Microsoft Java VM. SP2b added in the change made to IE due to the Eolas patent dispute.

Advertisement