Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Niall Quinn - Legend

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

bohsman wrote: »
    It has gotten to the stage where the EPL fans feel that the EL fans have a holier than thou attitude while the EL fans get non stop grief for following **** football, its been going around in circles for years. Everybody would be better off banging their heads of brick walls.

Where does this happen then? I haven't noticed any EPL fans on here starting a slagging match against EL fans(if there is then they are complete and utter........fools), on the otherhand I've seen a few EL fans start something that inevitably leads to these big goes nowhere 'debates'.

If its your personal life you are talking about, then don't take your frustrations out on us poor folk :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

christ lads, whats the view like from up there?

Mr Alan, if fan A goes to 5 games a year but buys 5 jersies and two scarfs, and fan B goes to 10 games a year yet buys no merchandise, who is the bigger fan? Its not so simple as that, its not simply who goes to more games is a better fan

DesF: What about people who wasnt to support a team, and this isnt a dig at you just you happen to support shels, yet see a team buy a league with money they dont have? What about fans who pay money every week to see a team only to be docked points as they didnt register a player properly? The clubs need to take a look at themselves a good bit too. perhaps if they ran themselves better, they would attract more fans (though i know this is a vicous circle)

Anyway, any chance of this returning to the original topic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Unearthly wrote: »
    Where does this happen then? I haven't noticed any EPL fans on here starting a slagging match against EL fans(if there is then they are complete and utter........fools), on the otherhand I've seen a few EL fans start something that inevitably leads to these big goes nowhere 'debates'.

If its your personal life you are talking about, then don't take your frustrations out on us poor folk :(

It works both ways, some of the el fans are overmilitant some of the epl fans are overly defensive, this was started by someone mentioning that itd be nice if some of these Irish people invested in their own leagues, nothing wrong with that, Id say the same about the MCFC MUFC AVFC owners etc. Apparently 2 people mentioning this was enough for all EL fans to be branded whingers and moaners.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

It has gotten to the stage where the EPL fans feel that the EL fans have a holier than thou attitude while the EL fans get non stop grief for following **** football, its been going around in circles for years. Everybody would be better off banging their heads of brick walls.

Ya i've only started posting in soccer this last while but this thread is a particular ramble. I love the tolereance of the mods (and intolerance too) kinda comical. But ya think i'll go back to reading the annoying posts rather than responding to them.

Now where's my even higher horse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Where does this happen then? I haven't noticed any EPL fans on here starting a slagging match against EL fans(if there is then they are complete and utter........fools),

This thread

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055181232

This post
    Archimedes wrote: »
    EL is muck, doesn't deserve a team of the season.

[insert remotely relevant comment to avoid trolling ban ala KdjaCL]
    Darren Murphy shouldn't be there...
    [/insert remotely relevant comment to avoid trolling ban ala KdjaCL]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

event wrote: »
    Anyway, any chance of this returning to the original topic?

Niall Quinn is a legend to some and a drunk driver to others. He is top notch at PR. Case closed.

It works both ways, some of the el fans are overmilitant some of the epl fans are overly defensive, this was started by someone mentioning that itd be nice if some of these Irish people invested in their own leagues, nothing wrong with that, Id say the same about the MCFC MUFC AVFC owners etc. Apparently 2 people mentioning this was enough for all EL fans to be branded whingers and moaners.

I agree with most of that to be honest

My opinion

People who purposly attack EL fans for what standard of football they watch are "word not allowed to be used"

People who take it upon themselves to put down others to make themselves feel better because they support a local side "word not allowed to be used"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Jazzy wrote:
    Why do you question someones loyalty to a team?
    DesF wrote:
    Where?

the statement 1 or 2 lines before the above states:
    DesF wrote:
    I cannot understand how anyone can have a connection to a team from a city, a COUNTRY, that they are not from, or reside in.

ur doing it right there chappo.

If you cant see the attraction of teams like Man Utd. Pool, Arsenel etc. to ppl in other countries (they are massive world wide teams with fans across the planet, even in places with "good" leagues like Italy and Spain) then I dunno, I think u must be living in a fantastic imagination land where the standard of principles is impossibly high (that Liverpool fan who uses his holiday time to go over for all their games. ever read Dickens - Great Expectations?) and that ppl dont have the free will to support who they want to due to geography... or flags, whichever makes them look inferior.
    Every post u make seems to be dipped in this certain sense of self gratification that allows u to dictate whats right and wrong in supporting clubs like some sort of thought police.

in relation to this:
    DesF wrote:
    OK then, answer me this.

What kind of a carrot would have to be dangled to get you to go to eL games on a regular basis.

What do you want?

Better standard of football?

Needs money. YOUR money.

An area of the ground where there are no "eL Gestapo"?

That can be arranged I'm sure, the grounds are half empty as it is. We could section off an area I'm sure.

Or something else I'm missing?

Carrot for EL games: EL fans not calling into question ppls loyalties because they feel superior and have to make more noise then the others. at least get ur principles intact first when dealing with us paupers in so far as when they question ur choice of following, u dont question theirs ("well, he hit me first...")

What I want?
    to be able to post in these boards without having to feel Im on a different level of fandom to the EL crowd. Im comfortable and yeah I can ignore it and often do, but when I see u hopping into the liverpool thread, causing a ruckus and 2 lads getting banned (after u used the "sand in ur vagina" button / report post feature) I have to bring into question what exactly it is you want / hope to gain by doing so. do u honestly care what teams ppl support that much? and if so, why? quite pathetic to be honset chap, i dont question other ppls ideals and u are in no position to either, no matter how many times u visit tolka park.

i think ur in a muddle of principles and are trying to get across that ur way of thinking is better without actually saying those words. have fun with the boards.ie tear apart post tactic, its a real winner and gives the appearance of being right without actually being so... and thats wat this is about innit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Niall Quinn is a legend to some and a drunk driver to others. He is top notch at PR. Case closed.

Just like George Best was a legend to some and a wife beating alcoholic to others. Depends on how you look at it I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I can see both sides of the argument.... I support Man Utd but also my "local" team wherever I am. I started supporting Galway United(still do) when I was a teenager and now I go to NY Red Bulls games regulary. Man Utd are my first love and anyone can support any team they want. It's their choice. But one of the mains reasons why the standard of soccer in the EL and MLS in the USA is so poor is because of the poor local support. So if people say they dont support it because the standard is poor, they just need to look in the mirror for one of the reasons why.

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    but for god's sake, get over yourself.

i could have saved myself some time and just said that DesF.

although i must admit it was fun point out to ya where ya were a hypocrite. it seems to deduce weight from ur arguements faster then Special K and actually show u for wat u are.... but i dont need to explain that as I have faith that ppl can see that for themselves anyway.
    besides, astrofool said it in his post, so read that if u need further clarification :)

im off to watch the kids from the top part of my road play the ones from further down, i drew a line on the map and that was the closest team to me. i dont feel any connection with them and i think their parents are getting weirded out, but alas - rules are rules ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

FatherTed wrote: »
    But one of the mains reasons why the standard of soccer in the EL and MLS in the USA is so poor is because of the poor local support. So if people say they dont support it because the standard is poor, they just need to look in the mirror for one of the reasons why.

I agree with your statement above FT. Nail on the head. Lets see the EPL fans reply. Sure EPL was once the same standard as the EL just Sky Sports capitalized the EPL. Sure look at that league now, football in my opinion is about pride and passion, which lacks in the EPL.

Do people on here not feel sorry for people over in England who try and support their local team but are out-priced because of foreigners coming over and paying mad money for tickets. Obviously not.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I agree with your statement above FT. Nail on the head. Lets see the EPL fans reply. Sure EPL was once the same standard as the EL just Sky Sports capitalized the EPL. Sure look at that league now, football in my opinion is about pride and passion, which lacks in the EPL.
    :

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yeah, the English league was languishing in the lower reaches fo European football and sky saved it? English clubs managed to win the European cup, what, 8 times? before sky. The standard was never anywahere near as low as the EL. Attendences are down in recent years over pre sky times as a result of all seater stadia.

Do people on here not feel sorry for people over in England who try and support their local team but are out-priced because of foreigners coming over and paying mad money for tickets. Obviously not.:rolleyes:

How are foreigners drivign up ticket prices? Clubs can sell X amount of tickets (ie the capacity) , who buys them is irrelevant.

your a far higher level fan then me. im only a level 5, but with ur sig and attitude and uninformed statements (see SteKellys post there) u are at least a level 11, if not a 12.
    can u teach me some lessons so i get better at supporting? when i watch my team i keep closing my eyes and putting my fingers in my ears and start humming royal britannia, thats close to wat ur meant to do innit?

i also have no pride or passion, i am shallow u see and dont know wat these things are cos i keep watching Sky television and they have brainwashed me. can u teach me these things too? that would be awesome.

Ill give DesF 24 hours to respond to my previous posts before I declare myself winner on that one. cos thats what this is about. winning

Coming over here taking our jobs, women and........tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sarcasm is the lowest form of humour Jazzy.

Glad you like my signature.;)

I miss wrote my second statement. On your second point Stekelly it is relevant, fans who live in the local area want to see their local team but can't get tickets because of people like you who want to go and support a foreign team. Sure I know Chelsea fans (who have lived there since the age of 1) who were fans before all the money from the Russian, now only go to away games as they're sick of all the bandwagons/foreigners at the home games.

So you are saying that Chelsea fans are xenophobic then ?

If you are a fan then surely you have no excuse not to go to a game :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you are a fan then surely you have no excuse not to go to a game :rolleyes:

You just vinidcated my entire opinion on the whole EL/EPL subject in one post :confused:

Fans go to matches!

I dont care who anyone supoorts once they go to games and dont knock **** they dont see, thats pathetic.

There is no real excuse for not going to games regularly for EL or EPL fans living in ireland, i can go to leeds every 2nd week with 3 mates and it costs €60 each.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    You just vinidcated my entire opinion on the whole EL/EPL subject in one post :confused:

Fans go to matches!

I dont care who anyone supoorts once they go to games and dont knock **** they dont see, thats pathetic.

There is no real excuse for not going to games regularly for EL or EPL fans living in ireland, i can go to leeds every 2nd week with 3 mates and it costs €60 each.

kdjac

Leeds got relegated from the premiership in 2004. Their ticket prices and demand doesn't even come close to most Premiership clubs

Sarcasm is the lowest form of humour Jazzy.

Glad you like my signature.;)

ah, i spose ur sigs fine. it just adds to the image is all

prop comedy is the lowest form of humour, but im glad i see that u cant back ur statements up. u saying i have no pride or passion cos i support a "foreign" team?
    sorry, but who the fu(k are u to say that about me and similar minded ppl? how about i call u prideless and passionless based on a TV channel, how would u like that? my guess is you wouldnt, but u seem to have no problem in preaching that to other ppl.
    i refer to one of my previous posts about lack of principles, thanks for giving me further examples and proving me right :)

• Advertisement

Leeds got relegated from the premiership in 2004. Their ticket prices and demand doesn't even come close to most Premiership clubs

Sadly your misinformed there.

Leeds still charge close to PL prices(it was PL prices last season) , bates is in charge so expected and getting there is still the same way ferry 3am get there for 11 few beers, after game few beers drive back, back in dublin at 1amish.

4 people alternating drivers every 2 weeks cept me cos i dont drive :D

Leeds is further from the ferry than liverpool or man utd. I can get tickets for any PL game with a credit card 6 weeks in advance, imagine you could too.

And to confuse you
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/DSC00520.JPG
    Pride of place on my mantle piece.

Free prize to anyone who gets what it is and where it was took. (me my bro and a good mate)

kdjac

Welcome back to the thread Kdjac, you did your little hiatus cooling you down help at all ?

Anyway am I in a good position to knock the EL ?

I used to go and watch Bray all of the time, either for free, from the bowling alley window:), anyone who has been there will know the one, or with the OOM. Or when I did pay in (usually after having a few in the hibo) with my mates just for a bit of something to do. Would not say I was a supporter but I bought tea from that little hut and patched up Stephan Guivarch when he got a kicking at the carlisle. TBH I can say that while I enjoyed the atmosphere in and around the ground I do not think I enjoyed the football all that much. I often remember thinking that there were players there who were no better than some of the better players who played with me in the sunday league (back in the days when we played in the middle of winter). In fact a lad I was on the school team with up in Kilians played for them (granted I was never as good as him, or his brother, but there was never a humongous amount in it) and maybe it is true what they say about familiarity breeding contempt.

Now I am in the UK and I go to see liverpool as much as I can, hit most home games over the last couple of seasons or when I couldn't had a good reason and I can honestly say while I was sometimes bored at games or annoyed with the players for lack of cutting edge, I have never for a moment thought that anybody I play with or against in the sunday leagues would fit in there. In every game, regardless of the opposition there has always been at least one wow moment where a player has done something incredible. Even in the battling displays or the so called bore draws.

I have had the pleasure of playing with a premiership (actually ex premiership is championship now) player on more than one occasion and even in a game of fives you can tell how much better than anybody around us this guy is, just something about him, am sure people who have played against far far better players will know what I mean.

EL is nowhere near as good as the Premiership and I would not even put it on a par with the championship (well maybe a couple of teams). Even the first division is more organised than alot of the top teams in Ireland. Anyway, support who you want to support but don't ram your I'm a better fan than you rubbish down anybodies throats because regardless of how somebody chooses to support a team, from the buying a jersey for somebody at christmas to flying over and back to games every week or just walking around the corner to the match as I used to and am sure many still do you (not just you Kdj, just in general) are a complete ar5e if you think that you are any better than anybody else just because you support a team, anywhere.

Sorry T4tf i feel people who go to games and support their team regardless of location are fans, those who dont are people who like football on tv, that pisses this entire forum off as most dont go to games and only watch it on tv so feel my elitist attitude forces them to be defensive and slag the EL without actually watching it. Most posters here would only go to glamour games or none at all, some think fans shouldnt travel to games they know their team is going to lose (right now i watch a sellout crowd in madjeski who full knew they were gonna get hammered but yet they cheer every tackle.......). Thats not what a fan would say or do. reading fans right now are doing what a fan does.

I lived in Frankfurt and instantly took a dislike to Eintracht to went to see VFL Bochum games even tho it was trek i still went and still do. I go to pats games as they my club, i go to as many matches away that i can, expense is nothing if you plan it right cheaper than night out in dublin most of the time. Lived in US had to suffer MLS (woot EL is better than that :D)

you said it yourself there is no excuse for a fan not to go to games, there isnt fans go to matches.

Regards the EL (EL is ****ing light years away fromt he PL any fool who compares has issues) pats play good football, very good attacking football we scored loads of goals but cant break down a flat back 10, i watched us score 70 odd goals this season and have to listen to some man Utd fan saying El is **** who doesnt even go to his own games in the PL, which isnt a great league outside the top 4. I know that from watching every PL game on tv and going to a few.

/bray have some cracking players Onwcubojokwowowo is going to be a big star in some league.

Btw the hiatus was Call of Duty 4 :o

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Right lads, there's only one way to sort this out!!!

Clicky

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Right lads, there's only one way to sort this out!!!

Clicky

Lol

+1

kdjac

i watched us score 70 odd goals this season and have to listen to some man Utd fan saying El is **** who doesnt even go to his own games in the PL, which isnt a great league outside the top 4.

that just means your getting annoyed at someone calling the league u love and support sh1te. i dont think it matters whether they go to games or not, thats just u and the others using the fact that u can and do to try and appear like superior supporters and therefore more informed and therefore again - have more clout when it comes to debating such issues.
    none of u have the right to tell anyone posting here what level of fan they are and then question their pride and commitment. that might be why there is such a furore and backlash in alot of the threads, cos u are attacking a persons character, beliefs and backbone when u tell them they are poor fans.
    ur far more reasonable then DesF so i think u can understand that

And to confuse you
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/DSC00520.JPG
    Pride of place on my mantle piece.
    :eek:

The head on you.

:D

DesF wrote: »
    :eek:

The head on you.

:D

funny story :D

Was at a 21st the night before and got home at 5am mates waiting at the door as flight was at 6:30 i was literally wearing the clothes out and drank pretty much most of the way over , i got barred from the place where that pic was taken for lifting the trophy over head and making crowd noises, tbh thought that was part of the deal.

Where is it and what was i holding :D

Added bonus point if you name the year

kdjac

It's the PL trophy, Charity Shield and the FA Cup.

Looking at the colours on the PL Trophy, it's United.

Judging by your 80s fashion, I reckon it's 1983, but it can't be then.

So, I'd say after 93/94, because United won the CS in 93.

Gotta be on the United tour too. Hmm, I think I did a tour of OT around then too.

Am I right?

• Advertisement

tick tock....

Sorry T4tf i feel people who go to games and support their team regardless of location are fans, those who dont are people who like football on tv, that pisses this entire forum off as most dont go to games and only watch it on tv so feel my elitist attitude forces them to be defensive and slag the EL without actually watching it. Most posters here would only go to glamour games or none at all, some think fans shouldnt travel to games they know their team is going to lose (right now i watch a sellout crowd in madjeski who full knew they were gonna get hammered but yet they cheer every tackle.......). Thats not what a fan would say or do. reading fans right now are doing what a fan does.

I lived in Frankfurt and instantly took a dislike to Eintracht to went to see VFL Bochum games even tho it was trek i still went and still do. I go to pats games as they my club, i go to as many matches away that i can, expense is nothing if you plan it right cheaper than night out in dublin most of the time. Lived in US had to suffer MLS (woot EL is better than that :D)

you said it yourself there is no excuse for a fan not to go to games, there isnt fans go to matches.

Regards the EL (EL is ****ing light years away fromt he PL any fool who compares has issues) pats play good football, very good attacking football we scored loads of goals but cant break down a flat back 10, i watched us score 70 odd goals this season and have to listen to some man Utd fan saying El is **** who doesnt even go to his own games in the PL, which isnt a great league outside the top 4. I know that from watching every PL game on tv and going to a few.

/bray have some cracking players Onwcubojokwowowo is going to be a big star in some league.

Btw the hiatus was Call of Duty 4 :o

kdjac

Good post there.

I dont think anyone is saying the EL is as good as the Premier League. Thats not the point. As I said before, people who love to slam their local league don't realise that it's themselves that are one of the reasons why the stanard is so bad.

To improve the standard you need money. Money for better facilities, coaching and players. Where does that money come from? From investors. And why would an investor put money into a team where there is little support?

Would you go to see Shamrock Rovers if they suddenly signed Buffon, John Terry, Riquelme, Kaka, Damien Duff and Van Nistelrooy and got Trappatoni as manager? I'm sure you would. What if they won the EL and then won their way through the qualifiers and got into the CL group stages? Now you're a fan.

Improved standard=better coaching+better players=money=investment=better support.

no answer forthcoming from DesF so guess I win. :p

Ill keep it in mind when I see him make other posts across this board and accuse fans of not being fans. just remember - hes a proven hypocrite with a shown lack of principle

Right-oh me aul mate, here's some lines for you.

This is not me questioning loyalties.

This is me NOT UNDERSTANDING something.
    DesF wrote:
    I cannot understand how anyone can have a connection to a team from a city, a COUNTRY, that they are not from, or reside in.

How that sentence has been misconstrued and twisted by so many people.

Shocking, and now I'm

Jazzy wrote: »
    a proven hypocrite with a shown lack of principle

Bizarre.

I don't understand your reasoning.

Anyway
    If you cant see the attraction of teams like Man Utd. Pool, Arsenel etc. to ppl in other countries (they are massive world wide teams with fans across the planet, even in places with "good" leagues like Italy and Spain) then I dunno, I think u must be living in a fantastic imagination land where the standard of principles is impossibly high

Of course I see the attraction.

I never questioned the attraction.

The difference between all those other countries and this though, they support their own leagues too.

Serie A?
    La Liga?
    further afield? Far East? The J-League? The K-League?

All well supported leagues in their own right.

OK, now this.
    Carrot for EL games: EL fans not calling into question ppls loyalties because they feel superior and have to make more noise then the others. at least get ur principles intact first when dealing with us paupers in so far as when they question ur choice of following, u dont question theirs ("well, he hit me first...")
    The rantings of me/other el fans on a internet mesage board is putting you off going? Tell you what, you can have a seat far away from me in the ground, there are plenty of spares.
    i think ur in a muddle of principles and are trying to get across that ur way of thinking is better without actually saying those words.
    Of course not. I don't think I'm better than anyone.
    have fun with the boards.ie tear apart post tactic, its a real winner and gives the appearance of being right without actually being so... and thats wat this is about innit ?
    Nope.

how can u not understand that someone can be connected to a club even if it isnt in their own country?
    there of plenty of ways for ppl to feel connected to clubs other then geography or flags, how u dont know even one is beyond me.

there are plenty of supporters for Utd. and co. in countries with "unsupported" leagues too, pointing out a few random well supported but relatively unknown leagues doesnt eliminate that fact.

what is a fact tho is that you think that you can only really support a team if you go to all their games you possibly can (the example you gave on about page 200ish on the liverpool thread about that fan who uses all his holidays on football) and those are impossibly high standards buddy. fans that do go to every game - fair play to them, but they arent "better" fans because of it, they still remain just fans.
    you said yourself that you cant understand how someone can support a team without going to as many games as possible. why cant you? just because you have the ability to doesnt mean that that is the set standard, who are u to create those standards ?

as for your principles - heres how they are wrong in this regard:
    you have questioned how ppl support the teams they support
    you say that here:

that is you questioning ppls loyalties, like it or not. by not understanding, you are asking questions and therefore u are asking questions on the subject matter - the ppl that do support those teams.

by asking that question u are inviting others to ask you why u support the teams you do even if they are playing at a lower standard of football, and thats the very thing you are giving out about in the first place.

as ive said, i dont mind the EL and local support etc. and have defended it before among my mates. I understand why ppl support their teams and dont question it, but what im saying is that the first thing that would get me into the EL and watching it on telly (and maybe the possibility of going to games further down the line) is if the fanbase are nice ppl, and since the only fans of that league I know are on here, that is what I have to go on... and aside from a few, in general it is a poor show of ppl that would rather rub other ppls face in the dirt for not living up to their expectations.

just look at Gavin "Shells" thoughts on the matter:

sure its an opinion and all, but wtf?! hes basically said how EPL followers lack pride and passion and that Sky have somehow influenced us, the big brainwashers they are.
    why would i want to talk about the EL on these boards and any potential club i support when that seems to be the attitude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Love the petty sig Jazzy :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ah swiftly deleted I see

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Love the petty sig Jazzy :rolleyes:

spose it was a bit :D

but my handy work got noticed so that the importent thing :p

as ive said, i dont mind the EL and local support etc. and have defended it before among my mates. I understand why ppl support their teams and dont question it, but what im saying is that the first thing that would get me into the EL and watching it on telly (and maybe the possibility of going to games further down the line) is if the fanbase are nice ppl, and since the only fans of that league I know are on here, that is what I have to go on... and aside from a few, in general it is a poor show of ppl that would rather rub other ppls face in the dirt for not living up to their expectations.

just look at Gavin "Shells" thoughts on the matter:

sure its an opinion and all, but wtf?! hes basically said how EPL followers lack pride and passion and that Sky have somehow influenced us, the big brainwashers they are.
    why would i want to talk about the EL on these boards and any potential club i support when that seems to be the attitude?

Thats a pretty weak argument. So you're saying you dont support an EL team because of what some guys like DesF and GavinShels have posted on an internet message board? I don't happen to agree with Desf and GavinShels either, people can support whoever they want. But that doesnt stop me from being a fan of Galway United.

FatherTed wrote: »
    Thats a pretty weak argument. So you're saying you dont support an EL team because of what some guys like DesF and GavinShels have posted on an internet message board? I don't happen to agree with Desf and GavinShels either, people can support whoever they want. But that doesnt stop me from being a fan of Galway United.

my point is that I dont feel any connection to any team in the EL, but its hardly like the ppl on here are going to make me curious with their attitudes anyway.

Advertisement