Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Bugatti Veyron: could it go over a speed ramp?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at this car on TopGear and on Google Images. What a machine!

But, could it make it around your average suburban housing estate, or is it soleley for the motorway?

Does anyone in Ireland actually own one, or has anyone on this forum ever driven one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Learn to use the search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Learn to use the search function.
    You need to change either your attitude or your sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

off topic, but what is your sig supposed to be jesus_thats_gre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

click the links?

i presume they are links to some server ip's for a online game.

wild hunch though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

dumping counterstrike server stats into your sig is pretty damn nerdy alright.

Bugatti Veyron + speed-bump? hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Fooz

I heard a builder/property developer in Galway bought one. Don't know if there's truth in it.

They also had one on show in some event in Kildare or Dublin - I forget the details. Apparently it belonged to a local anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Owners of a Veyron need not worry about such matters.

Its a little advertised feature of the car - but if you press the button under the bluetooth input a pod by the fuel filler opens and 6 body builders emerge to lift the car over said obstacle.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

was also watching that episode of Top Gear on Dave... Was a good episode.... what a machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Most supercars would have problems with speed ramps. I'm not sure if a Veyron would be any different compared to say a Ferrari Enzo or a Lamborghini Murcielago
    mike65 wrote: »
    Its a little advertised feature of the car - but if you press the button under the bluetooth input a pod by the fuel filler opens and 6 body builders emerge to lift the car over said obstacle.

ROFL :D

That explains it. During the design / prototype phase, the car was supposed to end of weighing about 1200kg. It ended up being just shy of 2 tonnes. Body builders are heavy!
    Anan1 wrote: »
    You need to change either your attitude or your sig.

Class point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Most supercars have lifting systems for speed bumps. The Veyron is very high off the ground when not above a certain speed:

"In standard mode, the ground clearance is 4.9 inches all around--enough to climb curbs and straddle traffic-calming speed bumps."

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/coupes/0511_bugatti_veryon/suspension.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

mike65 wrote: »
    Owners of a Veyron need not worry about such matters.

Mike

Ye may have lolled earlier in the thread, but I rofled out loud at this.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭octyvrs

Furet wrote: »
    I was just looking at this car on TopGear and on Google Images. What a machine!

But, could it make it around your average suburban housing estate, or is it soleley for the motorway?

Does anyone in Ireland actually own one, or has anyone on this forum ever driven one?

i'd say it would be a case of this when you met a bump most of the time:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5Z-O6F56s
    when they were putting it back on the lowloader it grounded the front lip spoiler :eek:

Advertisement