Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding Fine - Advice Please

Options
  • 09-11-2007 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

Part 1
    Right heres where my tale starts . I was caught speeding in a 50 zone which had just been changed on the Tramore road in waterford a section of the main road is at this pace now unreal for a main road ?? They also class the road as a third degree so speed limit was brought back to 80 km from 60 miles . But i was stopped speeding doing 80 on the button no knowing i pulled in and a female Gardai approached licence usual **** .
    So i explained i actually have overtaken a car a bit back doing 50 km thinkin wtf is this guy going so slow for and that i was unaware of the speed change . So the gardai is all nice and says look ill leave u off this time just be more careful ok ,
    So i say thanks very much but wait for it she says "I have to do u for something" I look on is amazement at this stage and she goes on to say that she will issue a fine for my passenger not having a seat belt . I do not have anyone in the car with me by the way .so i get the fine and drive off . I seek advice of a highly ranked person in the Gardai and he says its pergury and to not pay it but my dad said is it worth the hassle ? so i just pay it .

Part 2
    Few months later i get stopped in Ferrybank same thing 76 in a 60 and unbelievebly i pull in and its the same gardai so i say nothing this time and she issues teh fine but heres the catch no fine arrives to my house ?

She has put down the wrong house address on the fine and it goes next door who drop it in . Im nearly sure now if it has been sent to the wrong address that the gardai is at fault and that the Judge will throw this out if i say i never recieved it .Advise needed

Anyhow my point is it aint about stoping speeders now its all about revenue and gardai are being instructed to get fines in no matter wat

Neill k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Judge will probably give 2 points in court and aload of hassle for you i'd say. Could be lucky if the cop doesn't show up it could be struck out.

Worst case scenario is 4 points and a fine.

.......wait for the don't speed brigade now :rolleyes:

Advertisement