Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nape Piercing

Options
  • 09-11-2007 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

May be a stupid question

- but how exactly is this piercing done? I've read up on the experiences on Bmezine and, after seeing the various pics and a spike jewellery variation, I'm sold on it.

Is it just a case of pinch an inch and the needle goes through? Or how is it done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Theres a few ways:
    Clamp and pierce - mark area, clamp it, pierce it, remove clamp, insert jewellery and remove needle at same time..
    Freehand - same as above just no clamp, using your free hand to hold the skin.
    punch and taper - mark area, dermal punch entrance and exit. use a taper to seperate the tissue and insert jewellery.

Very basic explanations. dunno if thats good enough for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

Hi,

I'm a piercer at Wildcat in St Stephens green.
    Nape piercing isn't too bad to get done, I've had it done twice, doesn't hurt too much either, all you feel is the needle exiting.
    The most sucessful way I have found any surface piercing done is freehand, That way you can feel how shallow or deep the bar will be sitting when piercing.
    Your piercer should get you to stand straight and then move your neck to see which area will be best for the piercing, i.e. not laying in the crease of your neck, it will then be marked and measured.
    Staple or custom bars are best as they won't apply pressure to the skin through the balls which encourages migration.
    They normally take about 9 months to fully heal in which time you need to be careful when sleeping and dressing that it doesn't get caught or pressure applied to it.
    I hope this helps.

Advertisement