Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents meeting Ashtown

Options
  • 09-11-2007 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I've posted before about some of the anti-social behaviour in Ashtown at the moment, the new Superquin shop seemed to have attracted a bad element from neighbouring estates.
    However I was informed by a Garda that this crowd have recently been displaced / moved on from other areas and are currently looking for a place to settle.

this can't happen IMO.

I'm from Martin Savage Park in Ashtown and currently the areas they are hanging around in are at the end of my estate and in the new courtyard/canal area.
    I'm sure there are people from there now who know what I am talking about. I'm joining the local residents committee next week.
    There is a meeting upstairs in the Halfway House next Tuesday at 19:30 if anyone who shares these concerns wishes to get involved or go along to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'm curious Stoner, which estates did they say?

In the past(a few yrs ago) when i used to walk my dog along the canal before RCP etc sprung up, i got pelted by teenagers from the estate behind you(one by the football field) for no reason at all, just that i was a moving target(they missed though:D)

They used to pelt trains for no reason at all also, just for fun i guess.

Those fella's are prob in their 20's now but the point being, these kids today might be local and the gards just saying they'll move on, sounds like ye might be getting fobbed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah gurramok,

I have seen them attacking the trains alright, that would be kempton, Ashigton and Martin Savage, although there are only 3-4 twenty something people in martin savage. The cops have been very good, the community based Garda seem to be very well clued in.

Advertisement