Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free/cheap parking in city centre on w'ends

Options
  • 09-11-2007 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

hi,

been dragged into work the next few weeks 9-5ish and buses from my area are crap at weekends?

does anybody know of free/cheap parking in dublin city centre on w'ends?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

€5 in ILAC carpark on Sundays, can't remember the Saturday price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Yea there's a few free spaces around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonypony

thanks ppl,

bigjimthefirst, are those place not in front of flats?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Many of the streets down around the docks/North Wall have no parking charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

tonypony wrote: »
    hi,

been dragged into work the next few weeks 9-5ish and buses from my area are crap at weekends?

does anybody know of free/cheap parking in dublin city centre on w'ends?

cheers

Feck that... tell your boss that the company should pay for your parking if they require you to work weekends.
    Sure it's all tax deductable to them.

Jervis St used to have a €10 for the whole day deal... not sure if they still do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

tonypony: Again, post in the appropriate forum.

Moved.

Feck that... tell your boss that the company should pay for your parking if they require you to work weekends
    I've heard it all now! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

thanks ppl,

oh God - flats. If you have such a problem maybe you shouldn't be such a stinjy ****er and pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonypony

Jay D wrote: »
    oh God - flats. If you have such a problem maybe you shouldn't be such a stinjy ****er and pay.

Arrragh, I was only wondering if the people living in those flats would mind.. Jesus, some people or so quick to jump down your throat!

to everybody else thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jay D wrote: »
    I live 10 minutes walk from Grafton street so most places around here are pay parking. There's a square outside my house that's free parking for residents. There's nothing to stop anyone parking there though. Anyway, it's always full and my ma leaves for work at 7.30 every morning. She says there does be a woman waiting there from about 7 to take her spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

thanks ppl,

Yea they are, but you're parking on the road so no hassle, ie it's not technically part of the flats complex

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

South William Street if you'll be in early in the mornings. That's where I usually park at weekends or around Stephen's Green. Nassau Street if I'm *really* stuck but it's a pain in the ass getting there from where I'd be coming from.

There's also that warehouse place around the corner from Whelan's/Village on Wexford Street but it's not as central.

Aspiration wrote: »
    South William Street if you'll be in early in the mornings
    Is that not 'pay & display' on Saturdays? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Oh maybe it is? :o

I thought they were loading bays...?? Whoops... :p

Advertisement