Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jay Lethal:Ohhh Yes or Ohhh No

• 09-11-2007 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

I'd like your opinion of Jay Lethal. Personally I say Ohhh Yes as he has been the top performer in TNA all year(look in the end of the video thread for some of his best matches). Despite the gimmick(which I have fallen for) and which he performs very well, he is the best all rounder in TNA.

Jay Lethal: 20 votes

Ohhh yes
    0% 0 votes
    Ohhh no
    55% 11 votes
    Good worker but crap gimmick
    5% 1 vote
    Crap worker but good gimmick
    40% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I like Jay Lethal. He's got some talent and plenty of years to get better. I don't like his current gimmick though. I think the best way to put it would be that he comes across to me as the equivalent of Gillberg. It's a shame I think, but a lot of TNA fans obviously enjoy it so I can't criticise it too much

EDIT: I think a poll might be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Thanks for the poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

good worker but that is such a stupid gimmick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Love the gimmick. It's so bad its good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I like Jay, he's improved a sh*tload in the last 18 months. The gimmick is annoying but I think he plays the role well. His promos have an element of humour in them too, certainly a far cry from "This....is...the night...Ive been waiting for!!". I loved when he referred to Bound for Glory as the grandmother of them all. That whole promo was fairly good, even JB was good in it.

Good to see him pull out the Dragon suplex too in that match vs Daniels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Love the worker, love the gimmick. Long may it last, beats the hell out of the dumb King Booker gimmick in WWE last year.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I think he's great. As Kevin Nash said, sometimes you've got to learn how to play a character before you can create you're own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think its absolutely gold. they took a guy who didn't particularly stand out and gave him ma gimmick that EVERYONE recognises. Anyone who's seen his hilariously bad ROH promos will be shocked by the level of charisma he has shown in this gimmick. Big thumbs up from me.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very talented worker but it's the most retarded gimmick I've seen in a long time. Absolutely diabolical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Here is the big difference though everybody including TNA and Lethal know its a crap gimmick so they have fun with it

Unlike WWE gimmicks which they actually think are good like The Daltons and countless others

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

He was better off in Special K...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Oh the days of Hydro, Angel Dust and the others 'getting high' before their matches. Until Low Ki kicked them all collectively in the head.

I really miss their "Victims of Hardstyle" entrance.

Advertisement