Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shell To Sea

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

the police have no interest in law they are enforcers for the state who are puppets of corporations.

The next time you are assualted (I wonder why....) or your house gets burgled you won't be slow to call the gardai. And moan about the response time either.

As stated already if the protestors weren't blocking public roads and stopping people from getting to work, we could free up a number of gardai.

Ideally the army would useful for protecting the site. They have manpower and the training but they can't be used as the protestors will scream "oppression" as they busily block people from their jobs and cause damage to property. Double standards??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

the protestors showed the gardai the maps they had showing that they were drilling in sac without permission

the police have no interest in law they are enforcers for the state who are puppets of corporations.

are the gardai supposed to be experts in map reading? i'm not so if anyone showed me a map I probably wouldn't be able to pinpoint my exact location

the gardai are only involved in criminal law,not environmental law as you are claiming above.

the gardai are interested in the law and that's why people have been arrested for public order offences in bellanaboy. They are also enforcers of criminal law which have created by elected officials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I gave an example to back up my assertion

the gardai disregarded the local people protesting who were trying to give them information but the ignorant gardai didn't want to know they were rude and just defaulted to talking the company line

Advertisement