Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car sales guide

Options
  • 09-11-2007 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

can anyone with access pm me,would be a big help.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

As above x2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

what dealers/salesmen use to get "book price".

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

kindalen wrote: »
    what dealers/salesmen use to get "book price".

Funny enough i find that just asking sales people (arent i sooooo PC :D) to show the "book price" from the book usually gets a positive response :)
    Then again if they refuse to show it you have to start thinking what are they trying to hide :)

Another option is to ring a garage and say you have been offered a car in a private sale and you think the price is high ....could they give the book price for that model and year :) again 95% are more than willing to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

what car you looking for a price on

• Advertisement

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

TBH, the book price is a work of fiction. I'd challenge anyone to get a Laguna, or a 156 to sell for these so called book prices.

true enough,still would like book price on 2 cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

ned78 wrote: »
    TBH, the book price is a work of fiction. I'd challenge anyone to get a Laguna, or a 156 to sell for these so called book prices.

Swings and roundabouts. Theres other models in the book that are priced on forecourt at higher the book. These prices seem to be set with the book in mind :)

The gas thing about the CSPG for years it was a "work of fiction" but the majority of salesmen ran into a room to check it out. The term "whats it booked at" followed by "the books a mile off" is common.

Glasses don't see a market in Ireland so the CSPG has an monopoly. Theres a soft copy of the book available in four csv files also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement