Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Maternity Leave and Going Stir Crazy

Options
  • 10-11-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

What can I say? Am on maternity leave at the minute and am dying to meet up for coffee, walks, rants... whatever. Is there anyone else out there that would like to hook up? Maybe a coffee in cafe di fiorre or something? Am sick of trudging around Dundrum Shopping Centre. Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

dont sound desperate

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭weebelly

My wife has just started maternity leave - baby's due next week amd as we're blow-ins, she's pretty much in the same boat as you - I'll pass this on to her.

By the way - Delgany's 'Finest' - you should consider a name change?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

dont sound desperate

:D

Rule Number 2, Delganys Finest, don't try and be so smart. Not a very constructive comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

neets,

My better half is also on maternity. She too goes to Dundrum to make the day brighter! I'll get her to send on a PM to you so you can both entertain each other!!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

lets keep it on topic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

Having returned to Greystones after 5 years, it seems like everyone is a blow in, so don't feel too out of place.

I am sure there must be a few Charlesland Social Gatherings, and if not why not!!!

We are living in Seabourne, or is it Fairway or Golf Apartments or Anchorage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Hi Neets,
    Not sure if you have had the bub or not, but if you have then give Buggie Buddies a try - its a fitness program for new mums in the recreation centre beside Jackie Skellies. My wife went after she had our son and ended up making a fair few friends who live locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Hi Neets it's your old walking buddy here! Didn't know you were pregnant congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Yeah congrats Neets! Wish I was still in the area but I have left Charlesland. Good luck with the baby!:)

thanks for the PMs! I'll mail you back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

Sorry:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I take it you haven't had the baby yet, otherwise shouldn't you be driven stir crazy by the child?

just checking back in to this thread. thanks a mill for the replies. had no web access for a while but have just bought a laptop and therefore a lifeline!! yes, i have had the baby! i also have a toddler. the reason i'm going stircrazy is that baby never sleeps during day so have to get out of the house as, for some bizarre reason, he happily sleeps in the car, at other people's houses, in shopping centres - you name it - just not in his cot unfortunately!

Advertisement