Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Catalogue Winter 2006

Options
  • 10-11-2007 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Anybody got a copy of Argos catalogue winter 2006. I bought a Bosh 24v drill from same. It's packed in. Problem is I've lost receipt and I'm trying to find it on Visa statements. If anyone has it could they have a look for the price in that cat. It was on special offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Only 24v bosch drill was €211.99 but not on special. 14v bosch brill for €81.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Eamon Gavin

Thanks for that. Unfortunately doesn't match anything I can find. I wonder if there was a Christmas special? Thanks for going to the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Q. & A's and contact details here

Fire them off an email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Argos stores will have a copy of the old catalogues at the customer service counter. They can also check the price history on an item. It is highly unlikely that they will do anything for you unless you locate the receipt. Also the guarantee is only for 1 year and the Winter catalogue finished in Jan 07 so you have to show that its still under guarantee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Eamon Gavin

Sent them an email. Replied that because I bought it over the counter they could not give a price history. Went to the local store. Could only give price history back to July 07, current cat I presume. Rang 01 phone in cat and got what appears to be totally automated computer generated very limited service, e.g/, todays price, availability etc. Emailed again with complaint re all above. Awaiting reply. I wonder if I picked an Argos purchase at random from my Visa statements, how long would it take them to tell me whether the amount quoted was the actual price, or not. And, btw, I know, I should have kept the receipt in a safe place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

They have all the old catalogues in store. Ask to see the winter 06 one. The problem lies in the fact that Argos only keep electronic records for a few months, so they may not have your purchase on file. The onus though is on you the customer to provide the proof of purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

A visa statment doesnt count as proof of purchase they dont have to accept it. They might out of goodwill but you should check with them before you go to all the trouble.

Advertisement