Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use compuland.de?

Options
  • 10-11-2007 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone used compuland and if they let you pay by credit card?

And also, is shipping just 20 euros even if you get all the parts for building a pc?

Lastly, whats the difference between box and tray where cpu's are concerned? No fan or heatsink with the tray version? Im looking at getting the q600 g0 and ther thermalright extreme ultra 120.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yes that is the difference between tray and box. With the tray you dont get any fancy packaging etc

They would seem OK if they let you use credit card (unlike other german sites)

Does it have an english version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Emailed them last night and was very suprised to see I got a reply this morning (seeing as most german sites are terrible at replying)

"Dear Mr XXXX, thank you for your email. You can only pay via payment in advance. So you have to tranfer the money to our bank. The shipping costs are 19,95 Euro. We get the 8800GT graphic cards at the end of November or beginning of December. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have further questions. Best regards Compuland Kundenbetreuung XXXX"

They seem to be even cheaper than hardwareversand (well a euro or two on most things I want anyways) but dont have the 8800gt yet. Well bank transfer isnt a suprise. Hardwareversand themselves have another store im sure beggining with a C as I remember my brother had to return something and to Hardwareversand and he was giving the name and address of another site, I'll have to ask him but I think it was Compuland but could be wrong.

Judging by the website (and the fact you got a speedy response) indicates to me they are more efficient/professional than hardwareversand etc.

I might try them out

while im here, anyone know if 365online (bank of ireland) can be used to do these bank transfers by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Not possible as far as I know, I had to fill out a special form in the branch to tranfer to hardwareversand. Even when I had it fully filled out it took over a week for the money to reach their account.

I was waiting almost a month from the time that I filled out the form until I received my parts. Not worth the hassle IMHO

• Advertisement

Komplett etc are a rip off compared to German stores though, usually takes 3 weeks to get stuff from hardwareversand (1 week for bank transfer, 2 weeks for delivery) for me anyways. Which I knew before I ever ordered so don't mind. Anyways this compuland are meant to use DHL and deliver in 4 working days after they get the money, probably want to double check that with them before I order. All these extra 10, 20, 30 euros for each part add up when your ordering parts to build a pc and order from komplett or dabs. People will says its an awful hassle to return something to germany but I've seen plenty of posts over the years from ppl giving out about komplett and trying to get a refund/repair.

K=Komplett C=Compuland

500GB Samsung HD501LJ 7200rpm sATA II 16MB 97.50(K) 82.45(C)
    Antec p182 142.01(K) 120.28(C)
    Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R 122.00(K) 98.92(C)
    Seasonic M12 500W 139.00(K) 98.52(C)
    Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB CL5 Kit 68.00(K) 55.26(C)

There some of things I added to my compuland cart that komplett were selling aswell.

Thats over 100euros of a saving for just those 5 things when buying from Compuland and probably the same for hardwareversand.

I thinks its well worth the 3/4 weeks wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Judging by the website (and the fact you got a speedy response) indicates to me they are more efficient/professional than hardwareversand etc.

Or just not as busy , ...

I will not deal with someone with a lead time that long and who wont take a credit card , Ive better things to do with my time than spend months waiting for stuff.
    And money transfers , trips to the bank , what a waste of time !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

while im here, anyone know if 365online (bank of ireland) can be used to do these bank transfers by any chance?

You can, you have it get their account number and ring 365 and have it added to your 365 online account. Then pay it via payments. I have 2 accounts set up in mine for paying stuff. Admittedly none of them are commercial businesses though, but I can't imagine that being a problem...

mathias wrote: »
    Or just not as busy , ...

I will not deal with someone with a lead time that long and who wont take a credit card , Ive better things to do with my time than spend months waiting for stuff.
    And money transfers , trips to the bank , what a waste of time !!

German' dont like credit cards, its as simple as that. There not too fond of paypal either. Any Irish person who orders stuff from a german site should actually put in a bit of research before buying stuff and it'l save them crying when there stuff isnt delivered in a week. They'll realise then that more than likely have to pay by bank transfer and secondly they wont have their stuff for about 3 weeks. And then they dont have to order from them if they dont like that. I myself arent going to pay a few 100euro more because a site has .ie or .co.uk at the end of their name. And then I wouldnt be too fond of giving away money myself because its easier to get the stuff from komplett for a lot more money.

Anyways Compuland are a big site, check the german search sites like idealo etc, there up there with hardwareversand and hoh etc.

You can, you have it get their account number and ring 365 and have it added to your 365 online account. Then pay it via payments. I have 2 accounts set up in mine for paying stuff. Admittedly none of them are commercial businesses though, but I can't imagine that being a problem...

Ye i'll have to ring them, as the international transfer section on 365online doesnt support &! Lots of german sites have ampersands in their name. Hopefully its possible to do it through this anyways, as its hard to get time to get to a bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

yeah 365 sucks cos you have to ring em anyway. Aib is way handier and quicker. Mostly the delays experienced with people doing it by paper at the branch are crappy lazy staff takin their sweet ass time dickin about with your money. i've had stuff delivered from HV in 10 days from date of me sending transfer online with AIB. I would advise anyone who might wish to buy from germany in the future get an AIB account cos alot of the stigma surrounding banktransfers is to do with "your" bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Does Compuland.de have an option to view it in English? Couldn't find it, managed to put together a list with reasonable savings over Komplett. Not massive savings, but decent enough.

Am with BoI so transfer may be a hassle, but if I can view the site in English I'd probably give it a go.

No, no apparent english option. But, you can view it through Google translate

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.compuland.de&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

German' dont like credit cards, its as simple as that.

Thats BS , Technik direkt have no problem , I deal with them all the time for camera gear , plenty of others too.

Your wiring money for products sight unseen , no credit card insurance , no comeback whatsoever , if they do a runner your lost , and what about returns ?
    No thanks , I'll pay a few extra euro for the peace of mind.

German's dont like credit cards, just because a few sites accept credit cards doesnt meant Germany in general like them. Its being posted here lots of times. Even check ebay.de, 90% of the ppl only accept bank transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭matthiku

German's dont like credit cards, just because a few sites accept credit cards doesnt meant Germany in general like them. Its being posted here lots of times. Even check ebay.de, 90% of the ppl only accept bank transfers.
    seeing as most german sites are terrible at replying
    German' dont like credit cards, its as simple as that. There not too fond of paypal either.
    Was fuer ein Quatsch.

You seem to be full of prejudice towards German shops. Matter of fact is that most German online shops (not just computer shops) do allow Credit Cards.

Bank transfer and Online Banking is much more prevalent in Germany because it is much more convenient than most other means of money transfer. Also, because most banking cards (EC-Karten) can be used for cash-free payments in shops, people don't see the need for using credit cards as much as it is used in the Anglo-saxonian countries.

That might be one of the reason why some online shops don't need credit cards.

I've dealt with many online German computer shops, like mindfactory.de, kischkel.de, pearl.de, harlander.de, steckenborn.de, kmelektronik.de, reichelt.de etc. etc. Half of them accept credit cards, half of them don't.

Never had any problems with either, but then again I also have a German bank account. However, meanwhile BOI and AIB both allow international transfers online. Agreed, BOI is very inconvenient in that regard.

In general, German online banking is much, much more advanced and comfortable than Irish. But then it already started about 25 years ago with the introduction of BTX (TV-based online system).

Sorry for this slightly off topic rant.... ;)

I have nothing against German stores and I'm the one who started the thread about ordering from a german site! It's the first place I check when buying electronics. I admit hate credit cards is the wrong way to say it but as you say there more fond of using bank transfer, which translates into them being dodgy to some ppl in Ireland/uk. A lot of german sites are bad at replying from my experience but cant blame them since all of them arent going to have english speaking customer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭matthiku

Agreed.

I just hate simplified generalizations.

Since I write to them in German, they don't have that excuse. So I've always got an answer to my emails.

Never mind,
    Matthy

Advertisement