Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for phone with good camera

• 10-11-2007 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

Hi Im with Meteor and im looking for a good camera phone preferably with flash and at least 3 mega pixels.
    Id prefer sony ericsson or nokia but meteor only do 2 megal pixel s-e. they have a 3 mega pixel but i dont like it and its not sony ericsson.

does anone know where id get a 3 mega pixel phone that i could use on meteor pay as you go ? (sim free etc) for a reasonable enuf price ? or any good phone websites ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They have the nokia n73 on bill pay. It has a 3.2mp camera. They also have the samsung U600 that has a 3.2mp camera. It's a available on prepay and bill pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Buy the Vodafone k800i for €139 online (or cheaper somewhere else if you see it), pay about €20 in town for the unlock and pop your Meteor SIM in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ciaranfo wrote: »
    Buy the Vodafone k800i for €139 online (or cheaper somewhere else if you see it), pay about €20 in town for the unlock and pop your Meteor SIM in.

Yes agree with that, only comment about the phone is if you have it in your pocket is very easy for the shutter for the camera to open and waste your battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Its not all about mega pixels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

I the the Nokia N73 on Meteor and camera is good. Pictures are sharp and clear. Only problem is the keypad. They are tiny which make it difficult to txt but sure you get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭eqwtegmtykultyk

The k800i kicks the N73s' ass...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

looked at a few in town today. Nokia have a good 5 megal pixel camera phone with flash but its not on meteor and is over 800 euro on ready to go.
    Meteor will prob get it in 2010:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Its not all about mega pixels!
    but it's all about better build quality and better user interface though.

N95 has a very poor battery life. We're talking less than a day in my experience.

While the k800i shutter can open sometimes, they rarely happened me and it is probably my number one choice of available phones on the Irish Market.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The shutter on my k800i opens the odd time but it's no big deal. The camera shuts itself off after a while if it's inactive as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

the sony ericson k800i looks like a good one to go for, thinking bout getting it myself. Only problem is its on vodafone and you were looking for meteor. its 139euro online and you could prob get it unlocked no problem.

Got 3.2 mp flash camera, fm radio, quad band, good battery, 3G (dont like the 3G network myself but can be turned off!!)

check vodafone's site for more info if you are interested in it

www.vodafone.ie

I guess the only thing of note with the k800i on Meteor is that you wouldn't have Edge, but honestly ... who's on Meteor for using data anyway?

It's a great phone. Just buy it! BUY it! BUY IT!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Has anyone had any luck unlocking a k800i on vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ciaranfo wrote: »
    I guess the only thing of note with the k800i on Meteor is that you wouldn't have Edge, but honestly ... who's on Meteor for using data anyway?

It's a great phone. Just buy it! BUY it! BUY IT!!! :D

meteor has edge in some places

Sorry CV, maybe I phrased my point poorly.

The k800i does GPRS or 3G. It doesn't do Edge. Meteor only do GPRS/Edge so you won't benefit from any faster speeds, you'll only get GPRS.

Advertisement