Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 weeks

Options
  • 10-11-2007 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭

and going absolutely daft. i've had two slips in those six weeks, it's technically only been 2 weeks since my last one... which is depressing...

still, i feel like i'm on a knife edge. constantly weighing up the pros and cons of it in my head, it's taking up quite a bit of mental space. a large part of me wants to just cave and have one, particularly with the anxiety that upcoming exams tends to bring, and wait til all this bull**** with exams, project dead lines and that is over... but then that's just absolute bullplop and if i do it'll probably just make it harder to quit the next time making this all a giant useless prolonged torture session...

:mad:

lesson: nicotine sucks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Thing learned: you stopped.
    Just don't give in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I'm at the same point myself where i have given up bout 7weeks ago , i went straight 4 weeks no smoking at all but then i went out for beer with a few from work and had the urge to have a smoke , now i see myself making the excuse i can smoke when i think scenario which is no good for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Both my partner and i have been off them 4 weeks on sunday but we have been ocassionally smoking what im calling vegetarian tobacco. Basically its nicotine and tobacco free stuff you can smoke. We find it brilliant for those times when you cant get anything done but obsess about smoking. Im using a roll your own mixture as i used smoke rollies and herself is using normal cigarette type thingys. I know it would be better if we werent smoking anything but at least we are nicotine free and not going insane! http://www.honeyrose.co.uk/

Advertisement