Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Fridges?

• 10-11-2007 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the right forum guys, apologies if not, feel free to move it.

I'm thinking of getting one of mini fridges as a gift for somebody but I have heard mixed reviews - a lot of them can be noisy etc. Does anyone have any recommendations? (cost isn't an issue - and it doesn't need to be that big, it's mainly for storing canned drinks)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I have a Stella fridge. Bought it in Dunnes Stores about 2 years ago. It has a capacity for about 48 500ml cans, I wouldn't put that many in as the cold air wouldn't circulate properly.

I wouldn't have any issue with noise, same hum as any other fridge when it clicks on. They're very handy. Mine is kept in the Utility Room.

I'll check the manufacturer this evening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It didn't have a manufacturer's label on it. All that was there was the compressor model and that's no good to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I also have one of those Stella fridges in my office at home and it does the job fine - it can take a few days to cool all cans & cartons if I fill it up after a big shop but it is very handy.

Just make sure you get one that's marked "Dairy Safe" - a proper fridge and not one of those things with a blower fan in the back - they are crap

Advertisement