Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis

Options
  • 10-11-2007 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭

lads i see Crysis is coming out next week

what are the specs needed for it Crysis

heres the spec of my pc

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550, Mainboard, 2048MB, PCI-Express,

Club3D GeForce 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3, PCI-Express

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dammit it my graphic card lets me down for recommended settings

do you have to have windows vista for crysis?

CPU
    Recommended: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz/Athlon X2 4400+ or better
    You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz PASS
    CPU Speed
    Recommended: 2.2 GHz
    You Have: 2.34 GHz PASS
    System RAM
    Recommended: 2 GB
    You Have: 2.0 GB PASS
    Operating System
    Recommended: Windows XP/Vista
    You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS
    Video Card
    Recommended: Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 640MB RAM or similar.
    You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (GeForce 8800 GTS) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this recommended requirement. Upgrading to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better.
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 640 MB , You have - 320.0 MB
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
    Your driver version number is: 6.14.11.6218 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    DirectX Version
    Recommended: 9.0c (included)
    You Have: 9.0c PASS
    Sound Card
    Recommended: Yes
    You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio PASS
    Sound Card Driver Version
    Your driver version number is: 5.10.0.5391 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    Free Disk Space
    Recommended: 12 GB
    You Have: 147.4 GB PASS
    DVD
    Recommended: 8X speed DVD-ROM. This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-ROM, DVD-RW and virtual drives.
    You Have: Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no, there's already a thread here about the crysis demo somewhere... it tells you how to get the dx10 features turned on in xp

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Your rig will play it well, whats the native resolution of your monitor?

I have a similar rig and can play on high @ 1680*1050 with acceptable framerates, and on medium (which still looks incredible) with much higher framerates...

The demo is out too, and has lots of stuff to keep you busy incase you cant wait any longer :)

conzymaher wrote: »
    Your rig will play it well, whats the native resolution of your monitor?

I have a similar rig and can play on high @ 1680*1050 with acceptable framerates, and on medium (which still looks incredible) with much higher framerates...

The demo is out too, and has lots of stuff to keep you busy incase you cant wait any longer :)

ya my monitor can play 1680*1050

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I took this test,these are the results I got:

CPU
    Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.
    You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz PASS
    CPU Speed
    Minimum: Intel Multi Core: 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista)
    You Have: 2.16 GHz PASS
    System RAM
    Minimum: 1 GB (Windows Vista requires 1.5GB RAM)
    You Have: 1022.4 MB PASS
    Operating System
    Minimum: Windows XP/Vista
    You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS
    Video Card
    Minimum: Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.
    You Have: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX (GeForce Go 7950 GTX) PASS
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 512.0 MB
    Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0
    Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
    Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.9422 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    DirectX Version
    Minimum: 9.0c (included)
    You Have: 9.0c PASS
    Sound Card
    Minimum: Yes
    You Have: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC PASS
    Sound Card Driver Version
    Your driver version number is: 5.10.0.4995 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    Free Disk Space
    Minimum: 12 GB
    You Have: 15.5 GB PASS
    DVD
    Minimum: 8X speed DVD-ROM. This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-ROM, DVD-RW and virtual drives.
    You Have: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632D PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed

this is what I failed to be able to play it at recommened specs.

System RAM
    Recommended: 2 GB
    You Have: 1022.4 MB FAIL: Sorry, your computer does not meet this recommended requirement. You may be able to add more RAM which could make your computer more powerful. Click the 'We Recommend' to see how.

Video Card
    Recommended: Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 640MB RAM or similar.
    You Have: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX (GeForce Go 7950 GTX) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this recommended requirement.
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 640 MB , You have - 512.0 MB
    Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0
    Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

bah screw that test... the back of the box has the minimum specs.....

2 gigs of ram would help but it should be playable with 1 gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

ahhh just look at it

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=10125 *not 56k friendly*

Mordeth wrote: »
    it tells you how to get the dx10 features turned on in xp

how is this done?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Go to the site www.tweakguides.com and check out the guide on Crysis if you want tips on running the game well.

It also how to explains how to get most of the DX10 Features working on XP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

Auvers wrote: »
    ahhh just look at it

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=10125 *not 56k friendly*

mommy I want it I want it now!!!! *causes tantrum in dunnes stores*

Advertisement