Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free phone? w300i - phonesonline.ie

• 10-11-2007 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=103

What do you guys reckon? Obviously a slip-up but it seems to let me place an order but I don't have a credit card on hand to try it properly!

Seems to good to be true, similar to the issue with Tesco selling XBOX360s for 40 quid!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Hmmm.. I was going to take it all the way but the payment page isn't secure so feck that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Oh yeah I realise that, but it still allows you to place an order.

The fact that there is no shipping charge given rings a bit odd.. But in all other respects, the order process seems to be there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Seems to be that if the item is "coming soon" they dont have a price for it.

http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=589

Maybe they just dont have pricings for them yet.

Apart from that they look ok.

Yes but the point is that if it's "coming soon" there shouldn't be an "add to cart" button... From what I can see they're allowing orders, but have the price mistakenly as 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think obviously they will charge ur credit card the right amount when it comes into stock, it probably a pre order catching tactic

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I just tried there with a 3v with like 1euro left but it wouldnt accept the card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

this is the same as going up to a till with an item and being told its €100 and demanding it free cause there was no price on it. Youve no hope of getting this phone free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Kristok wrote: »
    this is the same as going up to a till with an item and being told its €100 and demanding it free cause there was no price on it. Youve no hope of getting this phone free.

Just to say from a legal perspective it is not the same as the till in store situation you described (from a contractual point of view).

You probably wouldn't get the phone anyway...with the right legal counsel though :D

see signature for disclaimer in regards to the validity of my statement above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

On that page linked to in the first post, I got this as the price:

Price: €0To Be Announced

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

But if you checkout the price with delivery is €0....

Placebo wrote: »
    i think obviously they will charge ur credit card the right amount when it comes into stock, it probably a pre order catching tactic

They couldn't do that.. At best they could cancel the order, but by no means could they charge you a discretionary price!

I notice it's been changed to E0 TBA actually.. Wonder was that our doing haha

I reckon they just have incompetent IT staff.. But surely there's a legal basis for holding them to a confirmed order?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

karmabass wrote: »
    They couldn't do that.. At best they could cancel the order, but by no means could they charge you a discretionary price!

I notice it's been changed to E0 TBA actually.. Wonder was that our doing haha

I reckon they just have incompetent IT staff.. But surely there's a legal basis for holding them to a confirmed order?

They will more than likely contact you and cancel your order or get you to pay the real Fee!

Also look at the prices on the rest of the TBA phones, they are all €0 so that is they way they are doing business, you preorder then pay for it when they get the pricing sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

karmabass wrote: »
    Yes but the point is that if it's "coming soon" there shouldn't be an "add to cart" button... From what I can see they're allowing orders, but have the price mistakenly as 0

Yeah but you wont get a free phone.nothing is free in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

drdre wrote: »
    nothing is free in life.
    There is a freebie thread that would disagree with you :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The W300i is only about 95 Euro sim free outside the EU. I got one from India- with a shipload of India credit on from "Idea" for 120 Euro, totally SIM free, with a 1Gb memory stick micro...... (then again my sister-in-law is Indian......)

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Saruman wrote: »
    There is a freebie thread that would disagree with you :D

HEHEHE, You know what i mean

Advertisement