Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

thinking of buying

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

This will be slated on here, people hate Golfs on here for some reason. I have a 99 and love it

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

Its a bit expensive for a 00 and it looks like the base model you could got a comfortline for that price shop around!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Your wasting your time with a petrol golf. Go and get yourself a diesel golf , VW have diesel to a T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If your not doing lots of milage the running costs of a diesel will be a little high.. I would opt for a 1.6, I've driven both and there is a huge difference, You'll be driving the guts out of the 1.4 to get any performance..
    Last time I purchased I worked out that a 1.6 petrol would be more financially viable up to about 16k miles per year, once I looked at 18k per year the diesel was a more feasable option..
    Slan
    bam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

eww more golfs ?? every single one i see has either a oorly made exhaust or a " R32 " badge....

just buy a saab 900 and attach a second v8... screw Mpg should be more for tail gating gardi car's then wondering if you can save 5 f****** euro a year by buying a 1.4 instead of a 1.6

if your doing loads of miles... get a 99 corrolla ( 4 door model , nothing else ) with the efi badge...
    with all the money you save you can make it look how ever you like ( if not why not swap the entire body out for a lotus or lambo body kit ??? :D )

see theres 100's of things you can do... but you only have 1 choice.... your gonna get something more then just golf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

PM sent;)

Advertisement