Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Piss up

Options
  • 10-11-2007 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

we have been talking about this for months, but as yet, have not done it. nothing special, pick a pub in town and hit the beer. so who is up for it? we should definately get at least half the team to go anyway. maybe, if we play the friendly next friday night, then we can hit the beer after and discuss how to beat Fred West ham 2 days later. ideal preperation!

any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Next Friday doesn't suit me as I'm going out on the tear that saturday for my birthday. On for it in general though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

i'll be surfing next weekend so i wont be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

id be in for it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Next Friday doesn't suit me as I'm going out on the tear that saturday for my birthday. On for it in general though

and??? double celebration then!!!!

Double celebration for those who have money Ed. I'm flat broke so it's one night or the other. Unless ye all wanna buy me birthday pints :D Des's birthday is the same day as mine though so he;ll steal some of those pints. bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'd be on for this weekend, will be at weddings for the following 2 weekends.

On the venue front - The Duke is always a decent spot for kicking off a session. Good pint and good buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

god damn :(

Definitely cant make Friday now. Have to work. We need a team piss up after that muck last night though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wolfenstein

id be well up for this, we are nearly halfway through the season, a piss up would be a great idea. when is it happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

can the thread be edited to make a poll, say pick one weekend and do it on a fri or sat and give a green light to whatever night has the most people available?

• Advertisement

so, are we going to do this anytime soon?! des, can you rally/motivate the troops to go on one of these? only thing now, is its christmas party season, so may not be possible to organise...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Saturday 22nd December, probably around 4 or 5pm, we'll be starting the Tenth Annual Twelve Pubs of Christmas in Brogan's in Dame Street.

Nowadays there's many imitation events, but where were they when we were chancing it round town as a bunch of 17 year olds in 1997, and have they built up such a loyal following that of the 40 odd participants last year, plenty of them had booked early flights home to be there in time for the real deal? Just look at all these imitation events with their laminated route maps and fancy websites and its clear we're the only ones sticking true to the real spirit of the 12 Pubs, beautiful as it is in its simplicity.

Me, Cathal, Gav, probably Karl, hopefully Kenny & Fran will be there, and Joe and Colm may well remember talk of it back in them heady days of 98 in ICT - and there'll be a good few from our ICT class so it'd be pretty much a team and reunion session for them.

So there ya are - a ready made pissup that might be just the job for the Boardeaux session. failing that, we're well into drinking season now, so pretty much any saturday night has a session on the agenda so any saturday in town I can probably make.

theres a thread on the main forum about a piss up on sunday for the united v liverpool game and then chelsea and arsenal. could be an idea. i have the christmas party sat night and plan on not being healthy on sun morning. though, i would make an extra effort if there was a crowd going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Weekends this month no good for me personally but will make the effort if everyone's heading out somewhere. Always gonna be messy during silly season...

Savman wrote: »
    Weekends this month no good for me personally but will make the effort if everyone's heading out somewhere. Always gonna be messy during silly season...

you cant come, your injured. sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement