Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cross dressing = right of passage to ladies toilets?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Kazobel wrote: »
    As a group I'd seriously rather be TS than a "Straight male" because when all is said and done "Straight males" actions are a sh*t load more vile and freakish than any Transsexual has or will ever come up with.

Oh don't hate us. You are a bloke after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

So all straight males commit vile actions?

Well there was one post (I can't link to it as it was deleted) where you said that every member of bgrh was a closet homosexual. You said we couldn't take it that you were a TS. Strange because you actual post there regularly and still do and you get no hassle from anybody there as far as I can see. In the same post you said that you made all our penises retract. How did this start? Because you were asked to keep on topic. You made sweeping generalisations there that clearly aren't true (seeing as you still post there) and had a little rant.

People snap and go on rants all the time, the same happened in the OPs case.
    Just as this is not a platform for Kazobel, nor is it a platform for BGRH regulars.
    Take it to PM or feedback or anywhere but here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Terry wrote: »
    Just as this is not a platform for Kazobel, nor is it a platform for BGRH regulars.
    Take it to PM or feedback or anywhere but here.

I was just trying to make a point. Apologies Terry. I'll edit the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

It was a collective generalisation and not a personal insult.
    A collective generalisation like that does not cross the line. It comes close, but doesn't quite make the cut.
    Bringing gays or lesbians or any others group into it will not change things.
    I don't know if you read AH much, but if you do, then you will know that I am a very stubborn person who will not be swayed by any arguement.
    This thread will not become like the one on the forums requests forum.
    This is AH. Just remember that.

There is a sticky thread at the top if you wish to voice your opinion regarding the way AH is currently run. Feel free to post in it.

I'm just going to say once that After Hours is not a platform for you or anyone else to fight the power.

Fair enough well then by your definition of what is and is not acceptable if we (Transsexuals) are all freaks by his definition then "straight males" are all rapists and Phedophiles not only by my definition but by actual statistics and not just random stereotypes. Thanks for clearing that up, nice to know I can refer to them as freaks from now on too.

So all straight males commit vile actions?

So all Transsexuals are freaks?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fair enough well then by your definition of what is and is not acceptable if we (Transsexuals) are all freaks by his definition then "straight males" are all rapists and Phedophiles not only by my definition but by actual statistics and not just random stereotypes.

So where are these statistics that prove all straight males are rapists and paedophiles.

Oh don't hate us. You are a bloke after all.

I love how your replies have become oneliners now, that shows you haven't even got the capacity to argue a point, calling me a "bloke" because I'm TS doesn't bother me at all, it's better than being a potential rapist freak

So all Transsexuals are freaks?

No, I'm just trying to point out that you make generalisations too.

So where are these statistics that prove all straight males are rapists and paedophiles.

The same place where the statistics are to prove that all TS are freaks.

• Advertisement

No, I'm just trying to point out that you make generalisations too.

Well he started it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

here we go....

Well he started it.

True but that's not the point. You are calling him close minded for making a generalisation about TS yet you make generalisations about straight males. So if he's close minded then so are you.
    The same place where the statistics are to prove that all TS are freaks.

So why did you say the following
    Fair enough well then by your definition of what is and is not acceptable if we (Transsexuals) are all freaks by his definition then "straight males" are all rapists and Phedophiles not only by my definition but by actual statistics and not just random stereotypes.

He said that TS are freaks. He never said he had facts that all TS are freaks. Therefore he does not have to show facts and prove why all TS are freaks. You said you had facts that all straight males were rapists and paedophiles. I'd like to see them.

Kazobel, AlmightyCushion & Jay D, do not post in this thread again.

Should you decide to ignore this warning, your post will be deleted and you will be banned.

If a post happens to slip in before this one, then it will be allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

I have no problem with guys using the ladies, if needs be. THe same can be said for ladies who need to use the gents. If I have to use the gents, I will close my eyes and apologise to anyone in there. Its only polite. Some girls get aggressive when they use the gents, as some guys will say things like "Oh what were you doing in there?" (in a sleazy way) or will give out tha a gir is in the gents. I fail to see how aggeression solves anything, it tends to make things worse as far as I can see. This applies to real life situations and ones on the internet. Violence (either implied or explicit) leads to more violence. Can't we all just be friends?

The ladies could be a strange place for a guy, given we have girly chats and fiddle with hair/make-up etc, but sure if a guy is ok with that, then why should I have a problem with him being there?

Can't we all just be friends?
    Fúck no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The ladies could be a strange place for a guy, given we have girly chats and fiddle with hair/make-up etc, but sure if a guy is ok with that, then why should I have a problem with him being there?

Oh, you!

*Flicks wrist*

Fúck no.
    Life would be so much nicer...ah well, I'll live in hope of peace and love and goodwill to all men (and women)

It might be duller though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is illegal for a man to be in the ladies toilets. It falls under the dency laws from victorian times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It is illegal for a man to be in the ladies toilets. It falls under the dency laws from victorian times.

...which are of questionable if any validity in the modern Irish legal system. Quote the actual laws that specify it.

*notes that he's never had any need or reason to go in to the ladies and doesn't intend to anyway*

What about a woman in the men's toilet?

You wimmins want equality, then GTFO of the piss holes.

• Advertisement

There is not law about women in the mens toilets as it would be assumed that ladies would not do that type of thing.

MYOB it is still on the statute books even if it is rarely used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is not law about women in the mens toilets as it would be assumed that ladies would not do that type of thing.

MYOB it is still on the statute books even if it is rarely used.

...so quote the actual law, then.

I'm gonna stick my thumb in his butt.
    That'll really piss him off.

Thaedydal, hypocritical laws still exist.
    I'm gonna take a huge dump in the ladies the next time I'm in a pub. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I'm gonna take a huge dump in the ladies the next time I'm in a pub. :D

Just be careful not to pee against the wall.

2 stroke wrote: »
    Just be careful not to pee against the wall.
    I'll be sitting down on the floral scented toilet seat.

If anything, I'll be pissing on the door.

I'll be sitting down on the floral scented toilet seat.

If anything, I'll be pissing on the door.
    What kind of bathrooms do you think we have? Seatless, some lockless, and usually toilet-paper less.

I'm an optimist.

Well I've seen some ladies with a seperate room with couches and full length mirrors and so forth. Some have hair straighteners.

That's great.

I just use toilets for expulsion of waste.
    I was always under the impression that it was their main purpose.

Great places for a chat too.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Chat!!! How does it work missus??..You're on the pot unloading a truculent log and the next stall becomes occupied. Do you say" Hi there,this bitch is tearin the hole outa me ,how are you doin there,didn't hear any splashes yet?
    "I'm fine in here,take deep breaths and don't split yer hole with that log...spluuuuuuuuuuuther aaahhh good one that fcukkin curry loosened the load.

"Oh jaysus splooonk there she goes like a fcukin ships hawser,never eatin those blood sausages again, anyway see you back in the bar.

"bye bye"

Something like that???

Ignoring the graphic description above, has it occurred to you that this may be the reason for queues for the ladies?

Ignoring the graphic description above, has it occurred to you that this may be the reason for queues for the ladies?

I just thought they were all constipated or something.....

The chat tends to happen around the sinks where you get idiots natterign on adn toppign up thier make up.
    Thankfully a lot of places are copping on to this and will not have mirrors over the sink and will have a large mirror and a ledge for them to prop their hand bags on giving them a place to pout and pose out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ffs, Kazobel is really not a great ambassador for transgenderism.

I love pouting and posing in front of a mirror havimg said that being in public doesn't stop me much :D

I was in a ladies a few months ago in town and a guy dressed as a girl complimented me on my hair colour and asked my advice on translucent powder as in did I know a heavy duty one good enough to cover stubble, I gave advice as best I knew and fixed my lipgloss as usual.
    It wouldn't particularly phase me but it would depend on how groomed the person in question was for example you can tell if effort has been put in for a genuine want to look like a woman but if a drunk guy had a dress and high heels on I would be a bit perturbed.

jtsuited wrote: »
    Leave it be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Well a cross dresser isn't really entitled to use the ladies but I suppose I wouldn't be upset by someone who is a geniune transsexual using the ladies. Sure in alot of gay bars lads come into the girls all the time.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Well a cross dresser isn't really entitled to use the ladies but I suppose I wouldn't be upset by someone who is a geniune transsexual using the ladies. Sure in alot of gay bars lads come into the girls all the time.

Which wasn't deemed to be an issue until a woman was sexually assulated in the george.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

My simple opinion is that girls and guys should just stick to there own bathrooms. It just makes life easier.

I understand that q's in the ladies can get a bit long and all that, but i can't say i have ever seen a nice polite girl coming into the mens.

It's always some drunken loud mouth in my experience. I have never had any problem telling them they shouldn't be in there......which is exactly what a dude would get if he ventured into the ladies and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

asked my advice on translucent powder as in did I know a heavy duty one good enough to cover stubble,

I'd be worried as to why he asked you that question? I'm sure you can find a few sites to teach you how to sha........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Ill start my post by saying outright that Kazobel's comments at the earlier section of this thread want not to be aimed at me. I never once made an offencive comment towards the transgender/crossdressing crowed. If he took offence to it thats his problem, but his retaliation is out of order.
    Firstly what you are actually talking about is Transsexuals not crossdressers. The different being that a Trassexual is a person changing from one gender to another whereas a crossdresser is a man who wears female clothes for sexual gratification and if you did a google search I think you'd find most crossdressers and Transvestites identify as Hetrosexual.

Ill answer the first point with a quote.
    red_ice wrote: »
    As i came in the door i saw 2/3 men dressed in full womens attire.

Im sorry to burst your bubble here, but its not everyones interest to know about someones sexual preference by the way they dress. I dont google transvestites or hetrosexuals, sorry, its not my bag.
    You just proved why we need to use the female toilet because if we used the male toilet and encountered a person like you who was drunk we'd most likely leave in an ambulance.

Who do you think you are putting me in a box like that? For a start i wasnt drunk. Secondly im far from a violent person and i stated in my first post that i didnt mind what a person looked like and that if it makes them happy im all for it.
    And for the record not all of us present so badly that you (or anyone else on this thread) would be able to tell anyway, these were probably just 2 friends out for a drink and getting on with things, I don't see how it's anyones business how they choose to live as long as it hurts no-one else.

Again, where did i say i cared about what they did? Get off your jerry sringer stool and stop trying to present yourself like your a care case. I never once made a comment about their choise of lifestyle.
    i think he was talking about crossdressers, and not transexuals, but anyway

yup.
    Or it was just three guys out having a laugh and seeing how much they could get away with.

i was angling around that. or at least i ment to.

Knowledge of a subject doesn't automatically mean knowledge of a situation.

How profound! Good point
    daiixi wrote: »
    What bothers me is people with a lack of a basic command of the English language.

How mature of you.

No, I'm suggesting that it's closed minded homophobics like you that are the number one cause of assults on Transsexuals in this or any country. Wether you engage in an assult or not an attitude like your's would be whats called an iniciator whereby instead of minding your own business or having the balls to start something yourself you'd comment to work others up. You don't even say the things you are saying because you feel one way or another about it, you say them to be controvercial and get off on the reactions of others to those comments especially if someone quotes you and does a ":D:D", you think it makes you look "cool" but trust me on this, it doesn't it's kinda like how a five year old would say "f*ck" just for the reaction.

So all of a sudden making a post or commenting on a subject automaticly makes you a homophobe and a violent person? Wise up. I minded my own business THATS why i said nothing. I realist those comments are aimed at someone else, but my god you have a chip on your shoulder simply because people have an opinion that doesnt match up to your own.
    Number 2: Again more proof he was not TS since we'd never do that because we get enough **** in everyday life without actually attracting it.

No no, you do attract it and im starting to see its not by how you express yourselves physically, its how you interact with people - this post being a prime example. You completely flew off the handle and started to assume the worst in everyone thats made a comment here.
    Jay D wrote: »
    Don't know whether you are aware of the number of women that do this but I'd say you are. Also I think you're a bit of a drama queen, big deal like.

Yea i am, and i see it on a regular basis and it has been a topic of conversation before in my social circle, i dont like it. The fact that i've brought up an interesting conversation which seems to be close to alot of peoples hearts and spans 5 odd pages makes me a drama queen? Grow up, Welcome to afterhours... like

Its a known fact that 90% of all statistics are made up... see where im going?
    Kazobel, AlmightyCushion & Jay D, do not post in this thread again.
    Should you decide to ignore this warning, your post will be deleted and you will be banned.
    If a post happens to slip in before this one, then it will be allowed.

I would like to protest this warning for the sake of a mature conversation. I havnt been able to get to a computer over the weekend and id like to get some sort of a response from kazobel because i would like to see how someone could get all he got from my post and make it out like i have some sort of chip on my shoulder simply because i have a problem with people not using the toilets they are assigned to... regardless of how they dress.
    If I have to use the gents, I will close my eyes and apologise to anyone in there. Its only polite. Some girls get aggressive when they use the gents, as some guys will say things like "Oh what were you doing in there?" (in a sleazy way) or will give out tha a gir is in the gents.

I suppose i have been less adgitated by the more apologetic type coming into the mens toilet.. Definitly infact. The loud annoying type or the type that just whalze in like they belong in there are the type that get on my nerves.

Very good. Does it merrit a slap on the wrist?
    What kind of bathrooms do you think we have? Seatless, some lockless, and usually toilet-paper less.

Well, if a bloke was in the womens toilets it wouldnt really matter would it? We dont have to sit down really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I'd be kinda freaked out if I saw a tranny in the jacks when I was drunk. :eek:
    But yeah, dont be OTT about it or acting the maggot and I dont know anyone who would be arsed attacking you.

red_ice wrote:
    I would like to protest this warning for the sake of a mature conversation. I havnt been able to get to a computer over the weekend and id like to get some sort of a response from kazobel because i would like to see how someone could get all he got from my post and make it out like i have some sort of chip on my shoulder simply because i have a problem with people not using the toilets they are assigned to... regardless of how they dress.
    I'll allow it, but standard rules apply.

jtsuited wrote: »

Why would I be? I'm not Transgendered :confused:

• Advertisement

Ill start my post by saying outright that Kazobel's comments at the earlier section of this thread want not to be aimed at me. I never once made an offencive comment towards the transgender/crossdressing crowed. If he took offence to it thats his problem, but his retaliation is out of order.

At no point does any of my posts reference you other than to explain the difference between CD/TV and Transsexuals, my first comment was directed at Canis Lupus (who I quoted) for refering to us as "Freaks" and all my subsequent replies were based on that one insult so all the rest of your little outrage here is kinda moot and by the way what's "this thread want not to be aimed " is that some pathetic attempt at a threat? :rolleyes:

Im sorry to burst your bubble here, but its not everyones interest to know about someones sexual preference by the way they dress. I dont google transvestites or hetrosexuals, sorry, its not my bag.

If that wasn't your point then why say this "But hes a woman trapped in a mans body" or what ever"? If you don't understand the differences and aren't bothered to look them up then don't make assumptions
    Who do you think you are putting me in a box like that? For a start i wasnt drunk. Secondly im far from a violent person and i stated in my first post that i didnt mind what a person looked like and that if it makes them happy im all for it.

Again directed at Canis Lupus for calling us "freaks"

Again, where did i say i cared about what they did? Get off your jerry sringer stool and stop trying to present yourself like your a care case. I never once made a comment about their choise of lifestyle.

Again Canis Lupus, (you really didn't try be sure before you went on this little rant did you? )
    So all of a sudden making a post or commenting on a subject automaticly makes you a homophobe and a violent person? Wise up. I minded my own business THATS why i said nothing. I realist those comments are aimed at someone else, but my god you have a chip on your shoulder simply because people have an opinion that doesnt match up to your own.

Again Canis Lupus and yes, if his quote was to a gay guy or lesbian and he called them "freaks" he'd be jumped on as a homophobe or to a black guy simply because he was black he'd be called a racist, Its not a chip we just deserve the same simple respect as any other minority group in the world and that includes being able to live our lives without being branded "freaks" over something that is not a choice but a nesessity if we want to keep our sanity.
    No no, you do attract it and im starting to see its not by how you express yourselves physically, its how you interact with people - this post being a prime example. You completely flew off the handle and started to assume the worst in everyone thats made a comment here.

Since when is arguing about discrimination "flying off the handle"? and the post that this is quoting doesn't seem overtly agressive at all, infact most of my posts on this thread were of the informative kind which everyone chose to ignore (especially the one where I informed you all that you were infact conceived girls, how convenient) and instead jump on anything that would iniciate a row, even you yourself have quoted my replies to another poster in an attempt to impose them on you just for a scrap.

Happy now? All you questions to me have been answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

even you yourself have quoted my replies to another poster in an attempt to impose them on you just for a scrap.

Thats a bit assumptive, to be honest. In the past i have misread posts and thought they were aimed at me. It can happen...... especially as so many of the posters here tend to be posting from work, in between tasks and such.

(especially the one where I informed you all that you were infact conceived girls, how convenient)

Convenient for you maybe but at least explains my urge to bitch and munch on chocolate.

Both of which I'm sure you do very well

Advertisement