Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good/Bad Customer Service in Motor Shops

Options
  • 10-11-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Went into a Halfords branch yesterday in the South to buy Reg Plates for the car i had just brought in. Had all the relevant paper work and asked explicitly for screw on plates instead of Stick on ones before i ordered the Plate. No problem I was told. Reg Plates were made up after a couple of mins. I was then told that they didnt have the proper screws to Fix the plates on. All they had was Uk type screws which consisted of 2 yellow scews and 2 white ones.

I simply asked that they simply split a box to give me the correct type and colour (I didnt mind once I got the proper type) counter Assistant asked manager no dice. Since I these are included with the plates I simply said if If i dont have the screws then they can keep the plates.

Spoke to the manager who hadnt even heard of the concept of customer service or professionalism basically ate the head off me. Explained that I had asked for screw fix before ordering etc. Her resonse was "You will never get anything in here again" :rolleyes:

Took my business else where that day got plates made with proper screws and got a insurance/tax/Nct holder thrown in at the local motor factors which I was also going to buy at Halfords :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

You only shop in Halfords as the last option available to you.
    At least you can brag to others that you're barred from Halfords.:D:D

Advertisement