Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good pub in dublin city centre for a date???

Options
  • 10-11-2007 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

I hope that this is the right place,

I'm heading out with a girl tonight and I'm wondering if anyone could suggest a nice pub in Dublin city centre, (prefereabley south of the liffey as we'll be in that area) for "drinks"? We're both in our early 20s and students, so somewhere that doesnt have really loud music, doesnt rape you on the price of drink and is around our age group would be ideal. I never really go to pubs myself, so wouldn't know too much about where is decent, just booze at home and head out to a club.

All I can think of is danaline or dakota but I havent been there in a while and I remember them being very expensive! Or possibley the porterhouse on nassau st.,but I think that they've got really loud music.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I hope that this is the right place
    This would have been better, but no doubt it will be moved anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

search the forum and you shall find...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

The outhouse on Capel street.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

Mulligans on Poolbeg street
    The Long Hall on George's Street

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Second the two proper pubs suggested by Chopper. For even quieter surroundings the Library bar in the Central Hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 theprodigals0n

O'Neill's off Dame Street/St Andrew St is usually pretty quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

O'Neill's off Dame Street/St Andrew St is usually pretty quiet.

Its a bit of a dive tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bankers Bar on Dame St... There's even a couple of fires so you could book a table next to one of them. Very nice so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Bit late to reply but the Market bar doesn't have loud pumping muisc so it's great if you just want to chat!

Hope it went well anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

upstairs in farrigntons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Bankers Bar on Dame St... There's even a couple of fires so you could book a table next to one of them. Very nice so it is.

Ditto this. Nice pub, and not too busy either, even on weekends. Reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

A couple of flagons in a field with a nice cosy bonfire. Cheap and cheerful... until you're accosted by the local scumbags:eek:

Advertisement