Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sean Byrne Motors

Options
  • 10-11-2007 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

http://www.byrneautos.com

Has anybody dealt with this guy in the past? Does anybody know if they supply the auction sheets with cars imported?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

you would be lucky and prod the first not many have auction sheet ur better off importing urself mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

They wont give you the auction sheet for most cars.

the only experience i have heard about them was a friend who bought a Civic Sir from them. It was clocked back by at least 20km.
    Might not have been done by them, and probably a lot of imports in all garages are clocked, but thats my only experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Senna wrote: »
    They wont give you the auction sheet for most cars.

the only experience i have heard about them was a friend who bought a Civic Sir from them. It was clocked back by at least 20km.
    Might not have been done by them, and probably a lot of imports in all garages are clocked, but thats my only experience with them.

Garage clocking is a very concerning epidemic, There's alot of sussy mileage cars out there. Shame there's no service like HPI over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I wouldnt go near sean byrne as he advertises most of his cars on 2 or 3 different company names on carzone.Look on carzone for yourself and most have different milage but its the same car :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Don't we remember from a recent dodgy dealer that the mileage differences are due to laziness and not because cars get clocked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

kbannon wrote: »
    Don't we remember from a recent dodgy dealer that the mileage differences are due to laziness and not because cars get clocked!

Can you Elaborate or Link Please??

Nope!
    Too many hungry solicitors still alive these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Could that have been the Civic IMA on ebay with 76, or was it 67k miles on the clock, the seller not being too sure. Or could it have been that lad in Tandy's Lane selling a Volvo with 42k miles on the clock, but really had 162k. Or could it have been...

@Tanabe, you were selling an ITR in Waterford a while back?

IIRC it was the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

JHMEG wrote: »
    selling a Volvo with 42k miles on the clock, but really had 162k.

thats just ludicrous, fecking hate stories like that. The majority of poster on here will probably notice tell-tail signs of ware, but most buyers will take the dealer at his word, and buy it.:mad:

My mate who bought the civic from them found out when he got the car home and took the air filter off, on the side of the actual filter was a sticker with 65km wrote on it. The car millage said 45km.
    He gave them a rollicking about it, and they offered to refund him the full amount, but would give no discount, so he kept the car anyway. It was sill in perfect condition and 65km wasn't that much anyway.
    The fact that they clocked a car with low millage was in itself stupid, had they have given him the auction sheet and possibly service history from Japan, he would have probably paid more in the first place. I would prefer a car with history to a lower millage car with none.

• Advertisement
Advertisement