Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Sleeping

• 10-11-2007 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

I've been having a problem sleeping..been going on for some time now..when i put the head down i seem to fall into a semi conscious state..by this i mean..my body falls asleep but my mind is awake..Im unable to move properly..i dont have the strenght to get out of bed or sit up. and i cant wake myself up..even though im conscious...im completely aware of whats happening...i've tried talking,calling for someone to wake me but im not sure if my voice is pojected..Its seems as though im whispering to myself..its very unusual,my breathing becomes shallow too..im worried becuase if i was to somehow turn face down or the sheets covered my face i could suffocate...I have of late been snapping myself out of this trance like state by breathing deeply.heavily while in this trance like state...my body does be paralysed yet im completely awake..Am i dying!!! no seriously what do you think?
    Has anyone had a similar sleeping problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

I actually had the same problem before ( and sometimes still do). Although it can be very strange and slightly scary it is nuthin to worry about. Its actually called sleep paralysis where your body falls asleep before your mind. Also after a while you will pretty much grow out of it (apart from the odd one)

Any other questions just ask!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Have a look at the "Wierd Dream" topic.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055168054

Advertisement