Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portfolio guidelines

Options
  • 10-11-2007 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

im hoping to do architecture in dit i have a fair idea about the suitability test and the interview but im stumpted when it comes to the portfolio i was hoping someone here could tell me what they are looking for in it and also what they arent looking for if you get me .just a set of guidelines so i can have a fair idea of what im meant to put in it well more comprehensive idea of what im meant to do with it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭-Blanco-

I was told to have about 10 pieces of work. Strangely enough in my interview a grand total of about 2minuets was spent looking through my portfolio, and from what I've been told by the rest of my class the same applied to them.
    As far as the actual type of work wanted, many people believe they need architectural/technical drawings of some sort. This is NOT true. I'd say have something that interests you or shows your personality, maybe something from your art course(assuming you did/are doing one in school). Also photography is useful if you're into it, I know of at least one guy who got in on photographs alone. There's a fair bit of information about the portfolio in an old thread here somewhere too if you can find it...

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 39,301 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pretty much sums it up

Advertisement