Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to play MP3 music in my car

Options
  • 10-11-2007 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Have a CD player in my car and on it says that it plays MP3's. Does anyone know how to do this.Can I put a blank cd in my laptop and then copy music from my i-tunes onto it and play it in the car and is it possible to put say about 100 songs on a CD/DVD and play it in the car.Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Can I put a blank cd in my laptop and then copy music from my i-tunes onto it and play it in the car and is it possible to put say about 100 songs on a CD/DVD and play it in the car.Thanks .

Yep simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If the songs are songs you purchased from itunes they probably won't work in the car as they have DRM on them. If they're just regular Mp3s they'll be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Yep simple as that.
    OP said he/she/it uses iTunes, doesn't that use a propriatory non-MP3 format?

Also, OP mightn't be able to burn an ISO DVD +/- R(W). My Pioneer headunit only accepts standard ISO CD's with MP3 burned on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kevin123123

So what do I copy my music to- a CD or DVD,and how many songs could I fit roughly please, Ps ... my own music and not purchased

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

If your headunit doesnt play DVD's then it wont reconise a dvd with mp3's on it.

I've no idea about how itunes burns mp3's. Just make sure it burns them onto the cd as mp3 files or DATA files, some programs might by default convert the mp3's to WAV files. You should be able to fit upwards of 120 (or nearer 200 depending on file size) tracks onto a cd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Itunes burns perfect MP3 ISO cds, I have them all in my cd changer. If you're on a mac go to preferences and make sure you've got burning set to mp3 though when doing it, purchased iTunes tracks are in apples "lossless" aac format, iTunes allows you to burn 5 or so copies of said tracks. ipodhacks/ipodlounge will supply you the tools to remove the DRM from AAC files. Mac/PC if you want to play safe burn them in Toast/Nero respectively. Also some CD units are tempermental about +/- R cds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kevin123123

thanks for all the info lads. I have sorted out some music to play in my car from itunes but a lot of my music are acc files. Is it possible to convert these to mp3. Have clicked on "convert to mp3" and it goes through the motions but at the end of it the files are still acc files .any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its probably placing the MP3s in a different location so as not to overwrite the original AACs. Have a look in preferences in iTunes to figure out where. Its probably in your "my music" folder or some place like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I was wondering this recently as well so all i can say is nice one.

What about navigating from album to album, how would that work?
    Does the unit recognise folders on the CD-R as albums or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Depends on the head unit entirely - some navigate folder structure; some don't. some play in filename order, some just play in alphabetical order of the file name, mine (some JVC...) plays in alphabetical order of the artist and title ID3v1 tag; some recognise the track number ID3 tag, some don't.

The manual should explain this if its in any way decent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement