Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marry me?

Options
  • 10-11-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://gamernode.com/news/5016-guy-proposes-to-girlfriend-through-halo-3-awwww/index.html

mm1194644462.jpg

November 3, 2007, a man by the gamertag of Moviesign proposed to his girlfriend, furtive penguin... through Halo 3. At least it wasn't a virtual wedding, right guys?

Moviesign did it through a saved Forge map, in which he tricked furtive penguin into thinking they were playing a two-on-two match.

He led her to an area where there was an "energy sword", but instead she was surprised with his proposal spelled out in weapons, and he asked her to be "his teammate for life."

Am I the only one who would have sniped them in the middle of this? Or shot a Spartan Laser down on them? Anyone?

They haven't set a wedding date yet because they claim to be "waiting to see what the release date is for the next Halo game. We don't want any conflicts." I'm sure their kids will be perfectly normal.

Sorry guys, you can't do THAT through Halo 3--you're gonna have to do it like normal people do

I would have have sniped them.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Noobs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

yup, woulda sniped them too...woulda run them over a few times aswell

wat da fook like?....seriously?.....(this is the most retarded thing ive heard since that guy was accused of sexually harassing his bicycle!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

yup, woulda sniped them too...woulda run them over a few times aswell

wat da fook like?....seriously?.....(this is the most retarded thing ive heard since that guy was accused of sexually harassing his bicycle!)

Noo NOOO noooo not even close to the weirdest thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31MVOE2ak5w

Watch it all and read the text, its the best 7 minutes you will ever see if your an evil **** and thinks its ****ing hilarious!!!

World of Warcraft or otherwise known as simply, WoW is one of the most popular and successful computer games in history. It is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game that 6 million people pay $10 -15 per month to play. This type of popularity creates a sample size that is large enough to reflect the forces that control it. In Layman's terms, with this many people playing this online game at any given time human nature tends to get a stronger representation.

The first "reality" check was a bug that caused a plague to outbreak and affect people's characters in certain cases instantly killing any player below a certain level.

The second "reality" check was when this group of Warcraft players otherwise known as a guild interrupted a memorial service. Apparently, some dude dies in real life who is a popular WoW player. The people in the game think it would be nice to have a memorial for the player so they log into his account, take the character to a lake, and set it up for everyone to come pay their respects.

A bunch of dudes decide this would be a great time to ambush everyone so they run over a hill, kill the dead guy's character, and then wipe out everyone who was there to show their respects. They filmed the whole thing and put it on the net for everyone to see.

LMFAO again :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

course they're noobs, they are playing halo for god sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Cremo wrote: »
    course they're noobs, they are playing halo for god sake.

Heh!!!

wonder has there been any cases of Divorce from a spouse fragging another one.

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Noo NOOO noooo not even close to the weirdest thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31MVOE2ak5w

Watch it all and read the text, its the best 7 minutes you will ever see if your an evil **** and thinks its ****ing hilarious!!!

kdjac

that was more gay than retarded....still pretty damn retarded tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

This whole combining real life into a video game is bollox, wether it be a wedding, a funeral or a freaking bar mitzvah. Having it take place in a First Person Shooter is even more disastrous, I guess I would totally expect this is in wow.

This is what happened to a funeral in an FPS. =/

DarthWraak wrote: »
    This whole combining real life into a video game is bollox, wether it be a wedding, a funeral or a freaking bar mitzvah. Having it take place in a First Person Shooter is even more disastrous, I guess I would totally expect this is in wow.

This is what happened to a funeral in an FPS. =/

:D

Warcraft one has better music and dunno seems more sombre you see the other guys side :D

Close 2nd tho in how to take video games too seriously tho.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Warcraft one has better music and dunno seems more sombre you see the other guys side :D

Close 2nd tho in how to take video games too seriously tho.
    /quote]

You're both wrong. This is what happens when you take a computer game too seriously!!!

humanji wrote: »

You're both wrong. This is what happens when you take a computer game too seriously!!!

Without video its pointless, wasnt some brazlian kid kidnapped for his password to some game too? honourable mention to him too.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

lol to this thread.21th century is a mad century indeed.just the beginning!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

lol, probably best that there's no video

humanji wrote: »
    lol, probably best that there's no video

lol....although....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

to be honest, i think the marriage thing is fairly stupid, but f*** it, live and let live.

Am i the only one who doesnt approve of attacking the funeral? i just think its really disrespectful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

uglyjohn wrote: »
    Am i the only one who doesnt approve of attacking the funeral? i just think its really disrespectful.

Completely agree. Anonymous internet bullying and e-peen at its best. Much more pathetic than a couple proposing or some people trying to respect the death of another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Completely agree. Anonymous internet bullying and e-peen at its best. Much more pathetic than a couple proposing or some people trying to respect the death of another.

e-thug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've got no soul...
    I thought that was hilarious
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I find it disrespectfull of the game. I mean if someone decided they wanted to run a funeral prosession through the middle of a World Cup game do you think they'd be allowed. I find it abnoxious that a handful of people hold something, which is serious, in a game which is supposed to be not serious, and then get pissed at people who don't (and shouldn't) share their sentimentalities.

If I was playing an online game and someone tried to pull a stunt like that, proposing to someone or organizing a funeral, i'd be the first in line planning to mess it up. It isn't e-bullying, its stopping morons thinking of a game as a life replacement than what it is, a life escape.

This is why I can't stand MMORPG's because people start to think of it as a job and that they have responsibilities to keep. Of my friends who play WoW, they speak of the game in things they HAVE to do this week, rather than things they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I find it disrespectful of the game. I mean if someone decided they wanted to run a funeral prosession through the middle of a World Cup game do you think they'd be allowed.

no, it shouldnt....but world of warcraft is big enough (as far as i know) for people to find a quiet spot, which they did. to the best of my knowledge they werent imposing on other players.
    i imagine people who spend that much time together in a guild would form real and meaningful relationships/friendships (not compared to real life but still worth noting ) and so would be upset when a friend dies. living far apart there probably wasent any way for them to pay their respects in real life.
    i dont really see what is wrong with a few people meeting up in private in wow to remember a dead friend.

that said..... i think someone proposing in the middle of a fps is very different...they know and see each other in real life and can do it then...so shoot away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

with the WOw funeral thing... wasn't there a widespread backlash in game against the people that committed the raid?

• Advertisement

uglyjohn wrote: »
    living far apart there probably wasent any way for them to pay their respects in real life.
    i dont really see what is wrong with a few people meeting up in private in wow to remember a dead friend.

but you aren't seeing my point, the aim of WoW isn't to act as a social networking site, its a game where you join guilds, complete quests and advance the stats of your character. If people choose to use it for social networking, so be it, but they are the ones making the mistake, not the people who are actually playing the game as you are supposed to and attacking them.

Regardless, i'm glad there are people out there who make it their aim to disrupt these things. Hopefully it will act as a deterant to others whos aim it is to take the light heartedness out of gaming and bring in the seriousness of real life.

but you aren't seeing my point, the aim of WoW isn't to act as a social networking site, its a game where you join guilds, complete quests and advance the stats of your character. If people choose to use it for social networking, so be it, but they are the ones making the mistake, not the people who are actually playing the game as you are supposed to and attacking them.

Oh where do you even begin with this.

Let me ask, who do you join guilds with? Complete quests with? Other people that's who. If there was no social networking there would be no MMO, it's a major part of the game... (and here it comes... :rolleyes:). If there was no social networking what makes the game different from Diablo or Final Fantasy (with the exception of 13 or whichever one went MMO).

There are a wide and varied range of "emotes" in most MMOs, are hardcore players who won't use such thing often not playing the game properly? They should probably start taking it seriously and start /dancing some more.

I agree that MMOs are not a life replacement but to deny that you can create meaningful bonds online simply because you have not met a person face-to-face is quite short sighted and I feel it's just common curtesy to allow people to mourn the loss of a friend in the only way they may be able to. Can you not see the irony in your opinion of replacing MMOs with a real life yet you are praising those who trample on the ones that see beyond the game?
    Regardless, i'm glad there are people out there who make it their aim to disrupt these things. Hopefully it will act as a deterant to others whos aim it is to take the light heartedness out of gaming and bring in the seriousness of real life.

Ironic given that the players who generally carry out these acts are the ones taking it much more seriously and your opinion of the game is as far from "light hearted" as one can get; "you join guilds, complete quests and advance the stats of your character" (with no social networking)"
    I mean if someone decided they wanted to run a funeral prosession through the middle of a World Cup game do you think they'd be allowed.

You're right, I don't think I've ever seen some mark of respect for the death of another within the sport, like a minutes silence or something. No that'd be nonesense, trying to take serious stuff into football. If they ever did that, I'm getting 21 mates and we're gonna run down onto the pitch and boot the ball around. I'll give you a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

but you aren't seeing my point, the aim of WoW isn't to act as a social networking site

As a mmorpg WoW is very much designed to serve a social networking function. I'm not condeming the people who crashed the funeral, but then again I'm not going to tell the funeral goers that they're wrong to do it either. The game has its own inbuilt rules, trying to impose your own beyond those is an exercise in futility.

Oh where do you even begin with this.

ok I really hate when people start splitting up posts and they become TL;DR for anyone else trying to read the thread so i'll be succinct.

Agreed, people do need to communicate with each other in WoW, but it is not required to ask them how their weekend was or what their favourite colour is to play the game. Going beyond this is perfectly fine but as it is not required of in the game, they will run the risk of others who don't share their sentimentalities and who are actually playing within the parameters of the game not taking them seriously.

I never denied you can't form meaningfull bonds online.

Also your football analogy is wrong. As the game of WoW didn't stop, people kept on playing on around them. It would be like the goalie in a football game suddenly deciding, mid game, to hold a minutes silence for some random person he knew that nobody else did, and then getting angry when the opposition scores a goal on him.

Agreed, people do need to communicate with each other in WoW, but it is not required to ask them how their weekend was or what their favourite colour is to play the game.

Kinda getting away from the topic here so I'll leave it be to avoid TL;DR ;).
    I never denied you can't form meaningfull bonds online.

Then why encourage people to ruin the only outlet people may have to gather and mourn the loss of a friend?
    Also your football analogy is wrong.

Let's face it, any football analogy is going to be wrong but you know my point still stands. The game is not affected by 1 minutes silence, just like the game of WoW is unnaffected (as a whole) by a funeral in a quiet area. The point I was trying to make is that it's not unheard of for people to mourn the loss of those within thier community so why should people "aim to disrupt these things" because it's online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Kinda getting away from the topic here so I'll leave it be to avoid TL;DR ;).

Then why encourage people to ruin the only outlet people may have to gather and mourn the loss of a friend?

Let's face it, any football analogy is going to be wrong but you know my point still stands. The game is not affected by 1 minutes silence, just like the game of WoW is unnaffected (as a whole) by a funeral in a quiet area. The point I was trying to make is that it's not unheard of for people to mourn the loss of those within thier community so why should people "aim to disrupt these things" because it's online?

you play wow and other "games" to get away from reality.

it's not unheard of for people to mourn the loss of those within thier community so why should people "aim to disrupt these things" because it's online?

because they can, the game allows it. If it where second life and a funeral service was underway and a group of people decided to barge in and disrupt, then yes, they would be in the wrong. But WoW is a game, where you are supposed to attack others and attack computer controlled opponents. If they tried to pull this off in Counter Strike or BF they wouldn't have it, no matter how remote the part of the map they choose to use is. The fact people take WoW too seriously and start treating it like a fantasy version of second life is their own problem. What I see here is a bunch of people playing the game as it was meant and another bunch of people getting mad at them for doing so.

anyway, we each have our views on this, you're not as likely to change my opinion as I am not yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

What I see here is a bunch of people playing the game as it was meant and another bunch of people getting mad at them for doing so.

Was griefing meant to be part of the game? Honestly, I don't think so. Purely from a profit POV it's in Blizzard's interests to design a game which limits it. There is a line between PVP and griefing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

question: if there was that many people there paying their respects. how did they all manage to get owned by 4 characters, and theres like 20 or more of them. r they all really ****e WoW players or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Would have stuck a plasma nade to em :D

Advertisement