Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marry me?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

nesf wrote: »
    Was griefing meant to be part of the game? Honestly, I don't think so. Purely from a profit POV it's in Blizzard's interests to design a game which limits it. There is a line between PVP and griefing etc.

no, you've understood me wrong. I was saying the people who where attacking where playing the game as it was meant to be played
    suppafly wrote: »
    question: if there was that many people there paying their respects. how did they all manage to get owned by 4 characters, and theres like 20 or more of them. r they all really ****e WoW players or what?

i'd say half of them wheren't even at their computer

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

L31mr0d wrote: »
    no, you've understood me wrong. I was saying the people who where attacking where playing the game as it was meant to be played

I don't think it's as simple as that tbh. It isn't Counter-Strike etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

because they can, the game allows it.

Fairly weak argument. In the same vein, shoule one ignore the silence during a minutes silence simply because you can? I know it's different because it's a game, it's just interesting to see the way people will act due mainly to anonymity (IMO).
    Anyway, we each have our views on this, you're not as likely to change my opinion as I am not yours.

Indeed, however I'm not trying to change your opinion, just understand it.
    suppafly wrote:
    question: if there was that many people there paying their respects. how did they all manage to get owned by 4 characters, and theres like 20 or more of them. r they all really ****e WoW players or what?

There was more than 4 people.
    They were likely a heavy PvP group stacked with 60s and high end gear.
    Likewise, there was probably a varied mix in the levels of the...deceased.
    They got the "jump" on them.
    AFKers.
    awhir wrote:
    you play wow and other "games" to get away from reality.

But do you ignore the real-life death of an in-game friend as if it never happened? Escaping reality does not mean you ignore it completely. Even a role-player knows that.

Advertisement